This position will be part of iRebal team within Advisor Trading Technology at Schwab, and will focus on driving innovation, client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. iRebal is an award winning, market leader, rebalancing product offered to RIAs.
Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity, and embrace change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.What you are good at
As a Senior Manager you'll serve as a strong and versatile leader. You will lead a team delivering high quality solutions that meet business objectives in a flexible, collaborative and rapidly changing environment.
You have strong team leadership skills with the ability to hire, guide, coach and grow exceptional technology teams. You are a visible leader that thrives on developing and motivating future technology leaders. You foster an innovation culture and thirst for technology innovation. Successful leaders at Charles Schwab communicate well with teams and leaders of the organization, have active listening skills, ask great questions and provide good development feedback.
You will build strong and highly-functional partnerships with product and other technology teams. You'll exercise your expertise with enterprise IT operations practices, high availability systems, and people leadership to deliver leading edge technologies. You'll have the opportunity to see the work your team delivers used across Advisors in the industry. What you have
Why work for us?
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 8+ years of software development management/leadership experience
- 5+ years' experience running medium to large/complex IT projects with multiple internal / external dependencies
- 3+ years' experience providing oversight to multiple Agile teams
- Hands on development experience in Software Architecture and Design
- Ability to articulate designs and guide engineers utilizing Java, PCF, Spring , Multi-threading, Messaging, JSON, REST, Hibernate, Angular and Oracle
- Demonstrated ability to define, drive and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the organization is essential
- Ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that exceed business expectations
- Technical professional experience building scalable web applications with high availability and reliability
- Ability to execute at scale in a dynamic environment, build strong relationships and promote collaboration, identify talent, recruit, hire, coach, mentor and build high performing technical teams; experience setting direction, tracking progress, and ensuring accountability
- Strong passion for understanding emerging technologies and their relevance of usage in trading technology
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and, problem-solving skills with an ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication
- Ability to independently manage things as a contributing member in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Great verbal and written communication skills
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.