Schwab is looking for a Sr. Manager who will be responsible to lead software development team(s) creating the future of Online Security, Risk and Fraud, and Integration technologies. The leader will be responsible to collaborate with business, operations, and technology partners to deliver the systems integration and process improvement needs for security, real-time fraud detection, and integration platforms. The leader will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the team along with recruiting, performance management, career growth and supporting our development, technology and business partners' needs. In addition to this, the leader will be responsible for setting up development best practices, processes and tools to ensure high priority risk detection initiatives are completed with a sense of urgency. Our ideal candidate is a servant leader who can lead multiple parallel initiatives - big and small - with attention to detail, manage business partner expectation and is passionate about microservices & service integration technologies. What you are good at
What you have
- Lead technical teams in delivering highly scalable and reliable applications that meet business budgets/timelines while ensuring alignment to strategic technology vision.
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage follow and support agile software development practices,
- Develop and document resourcing roadmaps, budgets and schedules.
- Ensure team is properly engaged, aware of career milestones/path, aware of their role on the team and how it relates to others; lastly aware of their contributions to our overall goals.
- Lead all recruiting activities across the team (create different avenues when necessary).
- Identify and document the roles, tasks, and responsibilities of each team member.
- Assist the 'Run' and 'Support' teams in building durable systems/applications and ensuring a low MTTR (mean time to resolution).
- Identify gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans (both technically & with regards to resources).
- Increase the overall visibility of this team; celebrate/track accomplishments and build relationships with key leaders in other groups.
- Continually strive for improvements in process, talent acquisition/retention, application time-to-market and quality.
- Exceptional data analysis skills, including data mapping of systems, vendor integration, and database queries (XML, Oracle)
- Superior intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills to explore what problems need to be solved, identify and analyze key insights, and find creative solutions
- Superior listening skills and ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide hands-on technical coding and mentoring when necessary (a plus)
Why work for us?
- 8+ years of application management/leadership experience with at least 4-6 years of distributed software development experience
- Combined 10+ years of hands-on Software Development experience
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
- Strong expertise with 4+ years of experience in message-based integration and event-driven architecture
- Strong expertise with 4+ years of experience in high-throughput and low-latency real-time systems
- Deep understanding of SDLC, agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and, problem-solving skills with an ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management.
- Strong coaching and mentoring experience to build and sustain high performing team.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required.
- Financial Industry experience (a plus)
- Microservices & cloud-native experience (a plus)
- DevOps experience (a plus)
- Versatile and Deep knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) (a plus)
- Versatile and Deep knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) (a plus)
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.