Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jeanie Lynn Bannon
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Retirement Plan Services (RPS) Technology organization is responsible for design, implementation, and deployment of mission critical projects and applications that support the requirements of our business and customer community and provide robust and continuous operation for the management of our clients' retirement accounts. Our portfolio includes Enterprise class internet facing web sites and data services supporting multiple user communities and business channels. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Sr Manager Software Applications to lead application development and delivery in this portfolio.
What you’ll do:
- As a Senior Manager in the RPS Technology organization, you will join a strong leadership team that owns the delivery of applications that directly interface with our user community,
- You will lead a team of software development and quality engineers throughout the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring high engagement and high performance in application delivery.
- Working with other technology and business leaders you will manage overall portfolio resourcing, scope, delivery, and operational robustness.
- You will participate in program level, project level, and technical governance decision making and execution.
- You will participate with other technology leaders in setting future architecture and design direction for the application portfolio.
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage follow and support agile software development practices.
- Identify gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans (both technically & with regards to resources).
- Continually strive for improvements in process, talent acquisition/retention, application time-to-market and quality.
What you have:
- 8+ years of relevant software application development experience.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- At least 5 years of technology oversight and management of all aspects of an Enterprise class web site including project delivery, security, capacity, scalability, and 24x7 operation.
- Strong coaching and mentoring experience to build and sustain a high performance team.
- Thorough understanding of modern, cloud based application design, patterns, and development.
- Demonstrated experience with internet security standards and development.
- Demonstrated experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery techniques.
- At least 5 years development experience with .NET and SQL Server.
- Extensive experience in Agile/Scrum development methodologies and managing Scrum teams.
- Professional experience testing distributed, scalable enterprise-class applications.
- Familiarity with the QA process and/or leading QA Engineers a plus.
- Minimum B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment.
- The ability to lead delivery with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple priorities concurrently with minimal direction.
- Ability to anticipate future risks and take mitigating steps.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||OH - Richfield, TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Thursday, May 9, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, September 1, 2019 Apply Here