Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees. Are you ready to join our team?SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Amtrak's Infrastructure Systems team provides keys services to the enterprise such as Authentication and Authorization with Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, M365, Exchange, Identity and Access management, Identity Governance, Privileged Access Management and Voice Services. The Sr. Manager IT Active Directory and M365 / Exchange is the Service Delivery Lead for our Microsoft Service Offerings such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Office 365, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Email, Email Security and Filtering. This role will partner with Information Security team to maintain and improve or Security posture as it relates to the email infrastructure leveraging tools like Cisco IronPorts and Microsoft Defender for Office 365. You will also leverage the Azure security tools to protect our company leveraging tools such as Multifactor Authentication, App Proxy, Conditional Access Policies and Microsoft Privilege Identity Management.
This will also include working with IT GRC to ensure we are compliant with our internal and external auditors. You will also manage the relationship with the Law Department and the Office of the Inspector General for eDiscovery and other Investigation activities. This role will be assigned various projects throughout the year, and you will need to ensure that the proper subject matter experts are assigned to support these projects and that the full scope is delivered on time and within budget. You will drive our strategic planning and decision making to improve our service offering and help move our company into the future. The Sr. Manager of this group plays a key role in ensuring that Amtrak has the right tools, processes, and procedures in place to protect our intellectual property. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Microsoft Active Directory / Azure Active Directory:
Amtrak uses Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory for Authentication and Authorization. The resource will ensure that these service offerings are available to our customers. This will include queue management as well as change and problem management.M365 / Exchange:
Amtrak uses Microsoft Office 365 for email, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Power Apps, and other collaboration tools. The resource will ensure that these service offerings are available to our customers. This will include queue management as well as change and problem management.eDiscovery Support:
Working with the Amtrak Law Department and the Office of the Inspector General, support eDiscovery and any investigation related activities as required. Collaborate with Information Security and IT GRC:
Working with Information Security and IT GRC to support security and compliance requirements for our Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft 365 infrastructure, Cisco IronPorts & SMTP relay, and Microsoft Defender for Office 365. Project Intake Management:
Various project will be assigned to the team, and you will be responsible for assigning the appropriate subject matter experts. You will be the primary point of contact for the Microsoft 365 and Active Directory and Azure teams. These projects will vary in size and complexity. You will need to be able to provide proper estimates, appropriate artifacts, and delivering the full scope on time and within budget. Team management:
Ensure resources are assigned the appropriate number of tasks and ensure a balanced workload, assisting with issues that arise, timesheet management, leading staff meetings and, managing the On-Call schedule. Technology Strategy:
Microsoft technology is constantly changing. Stay current with emerging technology and identify trends and tools that will advance Amtrak's strategy with respect to improving our customer experience and securing our environments.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working as a Team lead, Project Delivery Lead or Subject Matter Expert
- Experience managing a ticket queue with Service Now or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Powershell for System Administration
- Experience in Microsoft 365 & Exchange online
- Experience with Email Security and Filtering
- Experience with Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Experience with Cisco IronPort Email Security Appliances or equivalent
- Understanding of Authentication and Authorization processes
- Understanding of email technology and mail flow
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems
- Understanding of Single Sign On, Multifactor Authentication and Conditional Access
- Familiarity with IT Risk and Compliance standards, processes, and procedures
- 4+ Years of experience as a Senior Technical Lead, Subject Matter Expert, or Manager of a Technology Infrastructure Team
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft 365 / Exchange Online
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- 4+ Experience with SSO, MFA, PIM, and Conditional Access
- 3+ years of experience with Cisco IronPorts or equivalent system
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Demonstrated Leadership capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to work independently or collaborate as part of a team
- Queue, Incident, Change and Problem management experience
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- 8+ years of experience Managing a Technology Infrastructure Team
- 8+ years of experience with Microsoft Office 365 / Exchange Online
- 8+ years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- 8+ Experience with SSO, MFA, PIM, and Conditional Access
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco IronPorts or equivalent system
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Experience managing a ticket queue with Service Now
- Comprehensive understanding of the Architecture of Active Directory, Azure Active Directory and Email
- Experience support Bulk email delivery
- eDiscovery knowledge
- Experience with IT Risk and Compliance standards, processes, and procedures
- Excellent project and program management skills and superior oral and written communications
- Demonstrated experience working across technical delivery teams and with business users to deliver small to large IT projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
107745 Posting Location(s):
Pennsylvania Job Family/Function:
Information Technology Relocation Offered:
No Travel Requirements:
Up to 25% Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology