Middleware Engineer / Charlotte NC / Contract-to-Hire
Expertise in Managing and supporting critical java/.Net enterprise application environments.
Manage and support micro services environments (Docker/Kubernetes, nodejs, springboot, nginx) including capacity & topology planning, application deployments, configuration management, and tuning
- Designing and creating services and system architecture for highly available and highly scalable micro services environments (on-prem and AWS cloud)
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, applying debugging and problem-solving techniques (e.g., log analysis, analyzing the memory/system dumps, etc.), and working closely with Development, QA teams.
- Write automation scripts to automate day-to-day administration tasks to provision and configure, using automation tools like Ansible, AWS Cloud formation, AWS CLI / API, Python, Bash, and, PowerShell
- Identify and suggest automation possibilities in our landscape to self-correct/self-heal production and non-production issues
- Suggest on improving performance in production and other environments based on the resource usage trends, user loads, etc.
- Identify the gaps and come-up with follow-up action items to avoid future production incidents/issues.
- Work with other DevOps team members in adopting and implementing DevSecOps security practices (including regular security patching, minimum-permissions accounts and policies, encrypt-everything) and to identify and automate the security vulnerability remediation tasks.
- Clearly document and diagram deployment-specific aspects of architectures and environments, working closely with Software developers, Test Engineers, Network and Infrastructure teams, and others in DevOps.
- Suggest deployment patterns & practices improvements based on learnings from past deployments and production issues, collaborate with DevOps team to implement these.
- Work with team to implement strong encryption protocols (TLS) for in-transit and at-rest data transfers and client/server communications.
- Identify and Design effective monitoring / alerting (for conditions such as application-error) and work closely with APM team to implement the monitoring/alerting as needed.
- Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams.
- AWS certification is a plus.
- Micro services environments including containers.
- IBM WAS experience
- Red Hat v6.0 and above
- 3+ years in container clustering and orchestration
- 3+ years in Tomcat 6.0 and above on Red Hat platforms, 32 and 64 bit JDK
- 3+ years in IBM HTTP server, Apache HTTP server, and Nginx
- 3+ years in TCP/IP, Internet Technologies, Network Technologies
- 3+ years with other Java Application Server platforms (Tomcat, WebSphere)
- Expertise in container monitoring
- Experience and strong knowledge of security configurations (SSL/TLS) in Apache/Web layer.
- Knowledge of APM tools Dynatrace, ZABBIX.
- Expertise in managing and configuring SSL certificates
- Strong Trouble shooting skills
- Flexible schedule and available for after hours
- Excellent oral and written communications and customer service skills
IBM WebSphere / AWS / Cloud / DevOps