The primary purpose for this position is for design and integration of Unified Communications (UC) solutions to the client. This position may also provide pre-sales support, customer support and direct quality assurance for all projects assigned.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots UC solutions, including but not limited to enterprise-level Cisco route/switch solutions
- Designs, architects and troubleshoots client infrastructure solutions. Transfers technical skills and knowledge to client
- Provides research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Manages solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
- Provides project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing detailed implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between product team members. Proactively monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
- Develops and reviews advanced technical manuals for standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job as needed
- Develops and reviews project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
- Bachelor s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- At least five (5) years of hands-on experience with Cisco route/switch Networking Solutions and Unified Communications.
Other Position Requirements
- Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and collaboration strategies
- Experience with protocol stack that includes advanced skills in layer 2/3
- Demonstrated knowledge of up-to-date and current UC Solutions versions and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for a networking team
- Demonstrated ability to oversee project work activities
- Demonstrated ability to manage and escalate technical issues to appropriate vendor support team
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
- Cisco CCNP Collaboration/Unified Communications certification
- Consulting experience
- Knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.