Network Engineer with Firewall experience
The IT Network Collaboration & Services (NCS) team are responsible for the architecture, design, vendor selection, implementation & operation of the global enterprise network solution consisting of enterprise wide design standards, global backbone, co-location facilities, internet peering, regional branch office WAN services, voice, video & collaboration services.
The role of the Network Engineer is to establish design solutions, standards, documentation & tools to improve the network infrastructure so it can be run as a reliable quality user service.
Expectations of the role are to enhance the infrastructure reliability, quality, and user experience across the corporate network, office wireless service, & contact center voice.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background experienced in designing & deploying network firewall, LAN, WAN, Internet & VPN solutions across global office & backbone infrastructure.
They must be experienced in driving technology enhancements & direction to drive service improvements to scale a global enterprise network over time as an organization rapidly grows.
- Familiarity with design & deployment of Palo Alto Panorama & firewall appliance solutions & designing & maintaining firewall policy plus troubleshooting network firewall related incidents
- Experience building, testing & deploying comprehensive Palo Alto network policy that categorizes all traffic, providing complete network segmentation & security in datacenter & office environments
- Experience with network security, authentication & identity for wired & wireless 802.1X clients; Preferred background with Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine)
- Drive an embedded & pervasive security model into all aspects of voice infrastructure, site / backbone inter-connectivity & to partner managed sites
- Perform as Tier 3 escalation in support of IT operational organization during complex highly impact outages that can cross multiple functional domains, involving chronic recurring problems, vendor product bugs & other critical network functionality
- Participate in 24x7 shift on-call rotation
- Produce quality detailed documentation through the entire project delivery life-cycle & lead by example producing best-in-class design, deployment & operational documentation to cover all aspects of infrastructure systems ... from architecture, topology, support models, maintenance, troubleshooting runbooks, deployment cookbooks, disaster recovery, technotes, testing, etc.
- Sprint planning, daily stand-ups, progress reports, risk/actions
- Working globally - Ability to work effectively as a local/remote team member, owning tasks to completion & socializing across team(s) to gain feedback & educate
- Set, own & continually manage technology project expectations with team members & stakeholders.
- 10 years combined experience with networking, firewall, standards, certification testing, design life-cycle & documentation
- In-depth experience & understanding of WAN, ISP peering, BGP, OSPF, QoS, IP Addressing, DNS/DHCP, firewalls, wireless & L2 switching
- Must have design & deployment experience with Palo Alto firewall infrastructure, Cisco routing & switch products & beneficial to have Cisco 802.1x wired/wireless plus VPN experience
- Palo Alto Certifications & Cisco certification : CCNP, CCDP, CCIE( Nice to have)
- On-call rotation & domestic & international travel will be necessary
- Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration & communication skills