This hands-on role will design, implement and run back-end infrastructure technologies in line with GxP requirements and execute associated IT services to deliver consistent, reliable and high-quality IT infrastructure availability and operations for Company’s manufacturing sites across the globe. This role will specifically support the manufacturing and growth in South Philadelphia. Scope includes on-premise Data Centers, Servers, Storage, Disaster Recovery, and Data Networks, Connectivity, and Technical Support for any Cloud Data Centers and Services. You will be the primary subject matter expert for technology in scope, and execute efficient and effective operational IT processes to the business. Meet service level agreements, key performance indicators, and best practices in IT architecture, IT security, GxP compliance, and IT production operations support.
- Design, implement, and maintain global and site wide area network, local area network, virtual networks, cloud networks, server technology and solutions, data storage solutions, integrations and related connectivity.
- Monitor all solutions to proactively maintain uptime and quality.
- Advise, design, and perform systems enhancements.
- Perform and document data backups and disaster recovery procedures / operations.
- Maintain systems owner IT documentation to accurately reflect configuration and set-up.
- Resolve Tier 3 end user issues.
- Execute work in alignment with IT service level agreements, SOPs, key performance indicators.
- Incorporate best practices from IT architecture, IT security, GxP compliance, and IT production operations support procedures.
- Actively monitor and take pro-active/preventative action on IT security, GxP and regulatory compliance.
- Identify and manage risk related to systems nearing end of life or maximum capacity.
- Execute GxP and non-GxP change / release management processes. Execute disaster recovery and business continuity plans for technologies in scope.
- Assist supervisor in planning for the infrastructure based on global business requirements, one IT function and IT strategies. Manages the benchmarking, analysis and recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems. Build business case and technology rationale for new systems.
- Plan, lead and deliver project work, and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• 5+ years in IT function, 3+ years experience running back-end IT infrastructure
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Engineering
• Strong ability to collaborate with various IT roles across the globe
• Must be able to operate in a global operation and support environment
• ITIL Certification, GxP training, network certifications, and/or IT Security training
• Disaster recovery and planning experience
• IT project management experience
• Global IT experience
• Previous pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience
• Strong technologist able to deliver on goals in an increasingly complex global eco-system
• Ability to manage through risk and changing direction of projects and strategies
• Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require good judgement, quick thinking and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
• Excellent interpersonal skills, eagerness to dive deep hands-on into technology solutions and high professional standards for work quality
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience
• Maintain competency and enhances professional growth and development through continuing education
• Speak to individuals or groups of people with poise, voice control and confidence and respond adequately to enquiries or complaints.
• Maintain and grow subject matter expertise in technology and pharmaceutical best practices