How will you make an impact?
Implement the Operational Excellence initiatives designed to meet or exceed the key performance indicators such as revenue, EBITDA, Right-First-Time (quality), and On-Time Delivery as well as improving Organizational Health. You will be responsible for utilizing operational excellence tools to achieve process improvement.
What will you do?
- Facilitate transformation efforts (Kaizen, Projects) to deliver Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and Profit & Loss (P&L) improvement results.
- Monitor progress of improvement efforts and develop plans to address shortcomings
- Provide status updates to the Site Operational Excellence Leader and/or site leadership team on the results of the operational excellence initiatives and identify any potential obstacles that may require site leadership interventions
- Measure and report on key performance indicators (leading and lagging) at site level; develop and implement effective corrective action plans in conjunction with functional managers to address any areas of concern
- Deploy system to standardize operational excellence best practices within the site as defined
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to execute an operational excellence plan that supports site, business unit, and Thermo Fisher Scientific strategies
- Implement annual operational excellence roadmaps to drive continuous improvement
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technology that can drive operational excellence and share best practices to drive step-function changes
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline is required. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years' experience in a pharmaceutical work environment or related field.
- Prior supervisory and Green Belt experience is highly desired.
- 2 years of experience in an operational excellence capacity preferred
- Demonstrated experience utilizing lean tools on a specific project in a team environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross functional teams to solve problems and implement sustainable improvements within the organization.
- Commercial business orientation/financial acumen
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to apply, teach, and coach teams on the use of Lean Six Sigma concepts of Visual Management, SMED, 5S, root cause analysis, value stream mapping, FMEA, pareto charts, and histograms