At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators, who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we will support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you will have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
is seeking a talented Sr. Principal Cyber Network Security Engineer
to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused project working with a team of qualified diverse individuals in Dulles, VA. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with 9 years of IT experience; OR an Associates degree with 11 years of IT experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with 13 years of IT experience is required.
- Familiar with various network protocols, such as BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging), spanning-tree and protocols.
- Understanding and operating network CLI's (ideally, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE).
- Familiar with network management protocols, like SNMP, SSH, syslog, RADIUS/TACACS.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
- Experience with Cisco DNA / SDA Experience.
- Firewall Platform Experience - Cisco ASA w/Firepower services, Cisco Firepower Appliances, Cisco Firepower Threat Defense.
- Demonstrate deep level Next-Generation Firewall Design and Migration Experience.
- Experience with Security Compliance Initiatives and best practices.
$138,300 USD - $207,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.