At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We are currently looking for a senior Principal Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. At Northrop Grumman Mission Systems we design, build and deliver, space, defense, marine and aviation-related systems to customers around the world.
In this role, the Senior Principal Software Engineer will:
-Design and build applications for Android devices on the Android platform.
-Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
-Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
-Maintain code integrity and organization. Basic Qualifications:
- 9 Years' experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters
- Must have Java experience
- Must be familiar with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the available libraries.
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Experience with Android SDK and multiple versions of Android.
- Experience with Android framework, as well as offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Experience with Android UI principles and best practices. - Development experience with accelerometers, touch, gryoscopes, and additional sensors.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.