Join a growing software application development team with broad opportunities. You will be an active contributor to the design, development, test, deployment and support of multiple ground software applications. Multiple positions are available. Application areas include Satellite Command and Control, Mission Planning, Space Situational Awareness and Visualization.
This position is for a senior software developer with extensive C++ application development experience. The is a development position but will also include providing C++ specific guidance for the project and development team.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related technical or Engineering degree
- 9 years of software development experience with a BS or 7 years with an MS
- Full software development life cycle experience
- Enterprise C++ 17/14/11 programming experience expertise with the C++ standard library
- Software development experience in Windows and Linux environments, preferred RHEL 7
Other Applicable Qualifications:
- Experience developing Service-oriented architecture (SOA) , preferred AMQP (Apache QPID Proton)
- SQL application programming (PostgreSQL)
- Cross-platform development, preferred expertise in CMake
- Enterprise C99/11 programming experience
- Knowledge of threading, preferred POSIX threads
- Ability to mentor junior development team members through code and design reviews
- UI development, preferably with Qt
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI
- Usage and configuration of DevOps/CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with git, preferred experience with GitLab and/or BitBucket
- Agile development methodology, specifically Scrum, using Jira
- System knowledge in one or more of the following domains: Spacecraft Command & Control, Mission Planning, Space Situational Awareness and Visualization
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.