At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer based out of Redondo Beach, CA. What You'll get to Do:
COAST has an immediate need for a Senior Software Principal Engineer in their Operating System (OS)/COTS/Security (OSC) Sub-Project of a ground systems software area for a large restricted program. The Software Engineer will possess excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills for high visibility tasks. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining several SW product lines, troubleshooting Operating System issues, and executing Linux vulnerability management (CVEs) processes. This position requires continuous coordination and interfacing with SW Sub-Projects, Systems Engineering, the System Administration team, external customers, and multiple site personnel teams. Candidate will work in a dynamic team environment to create and implement well-defined processes.
- Troubleshooting kernel level issues
- CVE management
- Participation in SW design
- Maintenance and test of various software product lines and operating systems.
- Providing recommendations on various operating systems and network infrastructure upgrades.
- Manage and administer IT security processes.
- Plan and develop processes to help maintain and increase system readiness.
- Manage debug resolution
- Report status to management and customer representatives
- Offer recommendations to streamline maintenance processes.
- 9 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree; 7 years of experience with Masters; 4 Years with a PhD, or 13 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: C++, Java, C
- Strong understanding of system administration of Linux operating systems and IT engineering principals
- Current SCI access or current DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access prior to start date
- An understanding of reverse engineering techniques
What We Can Offer You:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, team player with a focus on detail, strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with internal and external customers in a production environment.
- Extensive software experience in a C++/Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment.
- An understanding of CVEs, vulnerability management, cyber security policies and practices
- Previous work experience with the following software application/ file structures:
- GNU C/C++
- JAVA(Oracle and/or Open JDK)
- O/S internals
- csh/tcsh scripting
- bash scripting
- Posix threading
- IP networking (UDP/TCP/multicast/group)
- Posix/Unix semaphores
- /proc and /sys file systems
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/BenefitsOverview/Pages/default.aspx Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.