Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
NG Space Systems, Propulsion Division is currently seeking a Sr. Principal Engineer, Software for our PLM Systems & Digital Strategy team
supporting several locations within the Space Systems but home location would be the Bacchus (Magna) or Promontory UT
facility. Role description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Principle Engineer, Software (PLM Systems Engineer) is responsible for analyzing and understanding business processes then driving process efficiency while striving for standardization and consolidation across the enterprise. Responsible for the project leadership, development, support and day-to-day administration of Northrop Grumman Innovation System's (NGIS) Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Systems. Teamcenter Unified PLM software is used to manage product information and intellectual property for the majority of Northrop Grumman Space Systems products. The position supports nearly 6000 users at 25 NGSP locations across the US. This position plays a key role in defining and administering corporate-wide PLM systems and is a member of the corporate PLM Center of Excellence. The position reports to Science and Engineering within Propulsion Systems but interfaces closely with many other organizations and NG sites including the Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services team. This individual is responsible to ensure that consistent PLM system administration, use and processes are applied at all NGSP locations. Job Duties:
- Support lean initiatives across the enterprise for rapid product development, digital manufacturing and quality improvements utilizing industry best practices
- Administer and support PLM Systems for all NGSP sites
- Interface with NG Enterprise Services (Corp IT) programming and services team
- Develop workflows, define preferences and conditions, administer system access and roles
- Install, configure, and maintain required software components in accordance with change control procedures.
- Monitor performance and system health of production and test systems.
- Coordinate upgrades, patches and deployments with multi-functional project teams, including execution of functional testing, preparation and maintenance of system documentation, and deployment in production environment.
- Support/Direct local site administrators
- Provide user support via Tier 2 Help Desk calls, problem reports, and approved software changes
- Act as Project Manager for new implementations, migrations and process/method changes
- Develop and administer user training including media and documentation.
- Define and maintain interfaces to ERP/EVMS/MES/etc. systems
- Define and test PLM system BI reports and analytics
- Participate with PLM strategy team and digital thread organization leadership in the creation and execution of strategic roadmaps for deployment of PLM applications and promote changes necessary to expand the digital thread
- Engage with functional managers, program managers, product teams, and individuals to ensure PLM tools and processes are in place ensuring that delivered products are correct and accurate
- Champion digital transformation activities that support increased efficiencies and the ability to meet requirements for customer deliverables
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of PLM systems or other application software related experience
- Ability to travel: Travel expectation of up to 10%
- Siemens Teamcenter Unified administration and/or development.
- Computer applications programming and/or administration
- Application software testing and deployment
- User application software support and user training
- Engineering configuration management and/or systems engineering
- Teamcenter Unified administration and management
- Teamcenter configuration toolset (BMIDE, Workflows, Lifecycles, etc.
- Broad understanding of CM principles and methods, CMII certification or training a plus
- Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), MS Project, Sharepoint, and Web programming
- Project management skills (define, build, test and deploy application software).
- Application software programming and/or administration experience
- Engineering processes and products experience (Models, BOMs, Specifications, Manufacturing Processes, Inspection Plans, etc.)
- Conceptualization skills to develop and implement inter-connected engineering, manufacturing and financial applications and systems
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer software and systems training and documentation experience.
- Presentation skills to articulate business needs and consolidate common business processes
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills such as building systems and effective process, personal and career development, technical problem solving and interpersonal conflict resolution, work planning, resource prioritization, task management, etc.
- Effective communicator skilled at collaborating with others to get work done and manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to execute customer demands and resolve customer concerns in the short-term while effectively creating and executing to a future business vision
- Experience with implementation of Agile and DevSecOps strategies
- BS or MS in a science or engineering discipline
- Minimum of 9 years of relevant engineering experience with a BS degree, 7 years of experience with a MS degree, or 4 years of experience with a PhD degree
- Security Clearance and Security + certification will be needed if not already held.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.