Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
Product Team: Data Domain
JOB ID: R96314
Dell/EMC's Data Domain is the Market Leader in deduplication storage solutions. As a principal member of the Data Domain Cloud Engineering team, working on DD’s next gen cloud solutions, you will work on complex design problems and provide highly innovative solutions in our fast paced, technically challenging work environment.
In this critical role you will:
- Design, implement, and support large and complex modules within the virtualized Platform and duplication File System.
- Develop the product for cloud and virtualization environments.
- Deliver Design and Functional specifications.
- Participate in all phases of the development cycle.
- Analyze and improve system performance.
- Interact with customers to help understand requirements as well as troubleshoot and solve complex problems. Interface with other functional areas such as Support, QA, and Product Management.
- Develop and review unit test procedures and work closely with QA to develop system integration test plans.
The skills/experience that would make you a great fit:
Education and Experience Level:
- Broad knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system technology and experience with contemporary software engineering principles.
- Expertise in designing, implementing, and debugging user level, multi-threaded systems.
- Excellent C and/or C++, Python, System and Shell programming skills on Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of performance analysis tools and techniques for multi-threaded systems.
- Expertise in Data Structures and Algorithms; ability to scale algorithms without loss of performance, a plus.
- Knowledge of private and public cloud providers like ECS, AWS, Azure etc. a plus
- Knowledge of File System internals, Log structured File Systems, storage systems, a plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud Storage and/or virtualization is a big plus.
- Basic understanding of kernel internals.
Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .