Candidates should have the following required skills/qualifications:
- 5+ years testing web and mobile applications
- Experience identifying test requirements from story decomposition
- Proven Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive Test Cases
- Hands on experience with automated test frameworks, such as Selenium, Cypress, Protractor (SoapUI\other API Testing tools a plus).
- Experience working with Automation Frameworks for Continuous Integration/Deployment in the Cloud
- Solid knowledge of SQL and Scripting
- Worked with agile practices on projects
- Bachelors (or above) in Computer Science or related field
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organization, and time management skills
- Ability to think abstract, have good analytical skills, and problem solving capabilities.
Job Title: Sr. Quality Analyst (Manual)
Qualified Candidate is a senior level Quality Analyst who can work independently and as required by the position. The candidate must be able to self-manage and dive in to multiple projects on multiple platforms using various technologies. In addition, the candidate must also be able to critically analyze or develop high level requirements and transform them into cogent test scenarios and test plans, understand best practices as related to testing procedures and be able to identify and communicate opportunities for improvement. Additionally, an experienced team member will be able to work within a number of standard testing toolsets and be able to work with the project development and leadership teams to identify, record and manage issues through resolution.
- Must be able to comprehend or develop requirements documents as related to business and functional needs and plan testing efforts accordingly
- Translate/write user requirements and design specifications into test plans/scenarios, identify repeatable scenarios and develop reusable processes
- Proven ability to define and lead activities and manage assets associated with common testing practices:
- Smoke Testing
- Functional Testing
- Integration Testing
- Regression Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Ability to create and manage standard testing documentation
- Test schedules
- Test Cases
- Test Plans
- Results / Resolution Reports
- Applies best practices, procedures and standards as they relate to successful and consistent testing of the project for projects being led
- Ensure defined testing methodology is consistently being followed
- Ability to solve complex problems, identify issues, and provide recommendations. Provides creativity in order to address issues
- Participate in the estimation of QA project efforts
- Communicate with Project Management and QA Manager regarding testing status and project issues
- Web site visual design quality assurance or development experience
- Testing types (Functional, System, Integration, Regression, Browser, Device, automated, etc…)
- Knowledge of emerging and other relevant technologies such as test plan automation, load testing, change management automation, and system integration test tools
- Evaluate new technologies related to Software Quality Assurance, Testing, and/or process management.
- Application development tools and related technologies (Visual Studio, SQL Server or other popular RDBMS, ADO.Net, XML)
- Test Results Tracking / Management
- HP ALM / Quality Center
- PhotoShop/Adobe Creative Suite
- SQL Query Analyzer
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Fast learner / Desire to learn
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with co-workers and clients
- Ability to plan, organize and/or create project requirements
- Organized, articulate, and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work interactively with the customer to implement their vision
- Ability to communicate and present ideas/concepts to external audiences
- Ability to define and implement best practices
- Ability to provide expert level marketing web site testing knowledge
- Ability to perform peer test plan reviews
- Ability to lead QA tasks for project groups
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Interaction Design or a or closely related field AND 5 or more years of current Information Technology experience OR 10 or more years of current quality assurance experience testing web/mobile applications.
- Verifiable Testing Tool Certification a plus
Other Work Skills:
- Attention to detail is critically important in this role.
- The ability to effectively communicate issues and results, verbally and in writing, is required.
- Advanced problem-solving skills are required.
- The ability to use effective time management skills, including prioritization multiple tasks, is necessary for success.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ambiguous/fluid environment.
- A strong customer/stakeholder focus is expected at all times.
- Team player that displays professionalism at all times.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime hours if/as required.
- Periodic travel may be required