- Design, simulation, and verification of DC and RF electronic designs to meet the commitments of the Engineering and R&D department.
- Participate in hardware architecture decisions which affect RF architectures including RF amplification and linearization technologies, data interfaces and system peripherals.
- Participate in all phases of a projects life cycle including system architecture design, schematic creation, parts selection, prototype development, system integration, system verification and transitioning projects to other engineering team, the manufacturing department, or product delivery to a customer.
- Take initiative and/or participate in discussions, to solve interdisciplinary technical issues in a cross-functional team environment.
- Assist in the preparation of SBIR (Small Business Innovative Research) proposals for submittal to applicable government agencies.
- Mentor other engineers, designers and drafters in the tools, techniques, and skills required to accomplish work assignments.
- Provide information regarding "as built" configuration, as required for permanent records including schematics and BOM’s.
- Prepare and review PDR/CDR presentation packages with Engineering and R&D management prior to internal management and customer review.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within scope of knowledge or refer to an employee of higher classification.
- Assist with paraprofessional activities including design material presentation preparation and other related technical support.
- Provide engineering support to the Test and Production departments as required.
- Recommend new or innovative design approaches to expand the company’s engineering capabilities.
- Participate in project technology assessment/feasibility studies.
- Present any known or potential performance non-compliances to Engineering and R&D management immediately.
- Monitor technical literature and conference papers for the latest technological developments; recommend new technologies for insertion into company’s technology roadmaps. Attend technical conferences when necessary and as approved by the Senior Director of Design Engineering.
- Write white papers and technical articles to improve the company’s technical reputation.
- Ensure company compliance in accordance with AS 9100.
A Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D.), Master’s Degree (M. S.) and Bachelor's Degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university in the electronics or physics disciplines, and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Able to obtain a clearance.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Higher level mathematics, such as calculus, is also required.
MS Office, (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet software, E-mail, AutoCAD, Spice, PADS, AWR Microwave Office, and Ansoft HFSS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and visibility to adjust focus; verbal communication; travel via car and airplane to client implementations; training and onsite visits.
"We Engineer your success" Britech Group, Inc is a Technology Staffing Company who are experts in integrating exceptional people with top companies. Additional Job Openings- http://britechgroup.com