Sr. Researcher/ UX Researcher
Bellevue, WA / Seattle WA
6 Months+ Extension
Human-centered insights and a deep understanding of people and culture are critical to how we do our best work. Design Researchers guide stakeholders and teams through this research to discover, interpret, and communicate insights & opportunities in an inspiring way, while contributing to all phases of the design process. Researchers will help our teams use design as way of understanding people and culture while at the same time using what we learn to inspire and inform product and design.
Once at client you will:
• Provide Research thought-leadership for our Advertising division. • Own Research for cross-division projects, synthesize insights, translate these findings to catalyze design and strategic decisions, and collaborate with the team to turn those learnings into powerful design and stories.
• Going beyond simply capturing insights, you will be using them to inspire your teams and clients, thereby putting design in motion.
• Minimum of 7-10 years of qualitative research experience culminating in a sound ability to scope a research process, gather insights from secondary research, lead fieldwork, and conduct in-context interviews and observation.
• Experience using quantitative methods in an applied, professional context to drive insight and understanding in service of design and decision making. • Experience drawing from a variety of research methods–interviews, observation, diary studies, prototyping, surveys, user testing, and experiments–at different stages of the design process: to inspire early design work, inform the initial opportunity, collect formative feedback to support iteration, and validate a go-to-market solution. • Exceptional communication and storytelling skills. Fluency in multiple media for storytelling–while grounding storytelling in research–a bonus.
• Special interest if you worked in e-commerce (Amazon Media Services, Walmart, or other large publishers - Google, FB, Yahoo)
• Should be based in (or willing to move to) the Seattle, WA area.