CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding jobs for the following opportunity:
Our National Financial Services client in Fort Worth, TX is looking to hire a contract-to-hire Sr SQL BI Developer reporting to the Manager of Data Services. Daily us of the Microsoft SQL Server BI/ DW stack (SSRS/SSMS/SSIS/ SSAS) to work closely with the business units to provide the development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of Business Intelligence solutions and reports You will be instrumental in application integration and the development of Data Marts utilizing the Kimball methodology.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- 7+ years strong experience working with the overall Microsoft SQL Server BI/ DW stack (SSRS/SSMS/SSIS/ SSAS)
- SSRS- required to do canned and ad hoc reports
- SSIS- there will be lots of integration work
- SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) -including experience with all these- Structured Query Language (T-SQL)/ coding transact- SQL, writing queries, stored procedures, triggers, functions & building tables. Must know how to set up Universe of tables
- Must know how to design dimensional model tables (Kimball methodology) and have helped build Data Marts
- Experience with relational database management systems and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Knowledge of data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- Works independently with little supervision
- Ability to work in an open team environment, to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical minded go-getter with an ownership mentality and a problem-solving aptitude
- Desire to learn the business, continuously striving to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure compliance with regulations, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide clients and internal customers with quality service
- Bachelor s Degree or in-lieu of, degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
Desired/ Nice to have skills:
- Occasionally meet with the business to gather requirements and wear the Business Analyst hat
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- A nice to have exposure to Business Objects (Crystal Reports) for the WEBI self- serve report functionality
- Exposure to SSAS and/or other OLAP tool/ MDX, DAX multi-dimensional reports so that is a nice to have
- Responsible for the aggregation of data from multiple sources into an efficient data warehouse and designing reporting solutions for very large multidimensional databases.
- Partner and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to solve complex business problems by gathering requirements, prototyping and testing, or enhancing existing solutions to meet new requirements.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications and collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Conduct developer testing and troubleshooting and evaluate and improve existing BI systems and processes
- Develop and execute database queries and aid in development
- Develop standard reports and functional dashboards based on business requirements
- Develop and update technical documentation and adhere to documented SDLC steps and deliverables
- Understand priorities and be able to prioritize work appropriately and escalate open issues and proactively ask questions within the Agile methodology model
About CGS Business Solutions:
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. After five consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles, CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage the rapidly changing business environments.