Position: Senior Azure SQL Data Engineer
We are seeking a Sr SQL Data Engineer/Developer with extensive hands on Azure Data Factory v1/v2, ETL and data modeling experience. This is a long term contract with possible extensions. We are looking for someone with experience building cloud-based services and solutions utilizing Azure Big Data and Data Warehouse products.
- Minimum of five (5) years of database development experience with at least two (2) years with Azure Data Solutions.
- Ability to create complex ETL/SQL scripts to load data from on-premise and cloud data sources into Azure SQL DW.
- Hands on experience with Azure SQL DW, Data Factory, Databricks.
- In depth understanding of Data Warehousing concepts, dimensional data models and experience in creating data warehouse schemas using Kimball methodology.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and version/source control disciplines.
- Extensive data pipeline development experience using standard data integration tools.
- Understanding in working in an agile project development environment.
- Must be able to perform impact data analysis and data profiling on source data systems and determine best way to model data.
- Ability to perform peer code reviews, write test scripts for data quality assurance.
- Experience troubleshooting and solving problems independently and collaboratively.
- Understand complex logic and solve data issues by coming up with sound technical solutions.
- Knowledge with SQL Server on premise and on Azure.
- Skills with Azure Cosmos DB on Azure and some C# skills desired.
- Ability to work in an Agile project management process.
- Knowledge with TFS or similar code control repositories.
Soft skills required:
- Must have solid written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Collaborative, team-first mentality with the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical users, and team members.
- The ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to work with business users to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Must be able to produce thorough technical design documents, test plans and documented results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Analytics or related technical degree desired.
- SQL related certifications preferred
- Work references will be requested.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
About etiVenture, Inc. In addition to providing professional services, etiVenture also has an extensive staffing offering that provides a service to match companies with the best and brightest IT professionals in the workplace. At etiVenture, it is our goal to find the absolute right candidate for the right clients. We partner with many companies in the health, insurance, retail, technology, gaming and manufacturing industries.