Our Client is looking for a high-energy, passionate and adaptive team player with great work ethic to join our Information Technology team as a Senior Database Administrator.
As a Senior Database Administrator, your key goal is to ensure that database architecture, development and maintenance are properly executed so databases run at peak performance with no issues. You will also work closely with various teams to develop data models and confirm that all changes are properly integrated.
A successful candidate will have 10+ years experience in data integration, data movement and database administration along with the ability to produce quality work on tight schedules as part of a large team of Senior Database Administrators.
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices as part of a team.
- Work closely with project teams to develop data models that support business processes.
- Work with Application Development team to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Support all areas of the enterprise, ensuring all databases run at optimal performance.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot databases performance issues.
- Ensure that industry-wide security standards are properly implemented.
- Develop and optimize complex T-SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Understand written business requirements and translate them into technical design.
- Design and develop SQL code, ETL processes and SSRS reports based on provided requirements.
- Respond to business requests in a professional manner with high sense of urgency.
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional off-hours activities (DR tests, catalog-to-web cut overs, DBMS upgrades, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
- 10+ years experience in data integration, data movement and database administration preferred.
- Proficient in the following RDBMS: SQL Server 2012-2017, basic Oracle 11g and 12c, basic Oracle RAC and basic DB2 LUW 11.1 (pureScale).
- Experience developing, troubleshooting and optimizing T-SQL and PL/SQL code, ETL/SSIS processes and SSRS reports.
- Experience performing SQL Server replication (transactional, snapshot, SQL and Oracle target).
- Proficient in installing, configuring, upgrading and patching all RDBMS listed above, as well as OLTP performance troubleshooting.
- Experience using Windows 2012-2016, RHEL 6.5-7.5 and AIX at a level required to support RDBMS.
- Experience administering Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality work on tight schedules as part of a large team of Senior Database Administrators.
- Willingness to work onsite in a professional business environment and off-site for after hours on-call activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer.