Sr. SQL Tester- QA Lead
Location: CHICAGO, IL
Duration: 6 Months+
The Sr QA Analyst must have good written and verbal communication skills; and be able to interface efficiently with all support groups, other QA groups, and development groups in order to get things done independently with minimal oversight. The candidate must exhibit quick learning abilities by mastering new concepts which may be business-, technical-, or process-oriented.
- Assist QA Manager and QA Lead Analyst in identifying test scope, identifying project risks, and implementing process changes and efficiencies.
- Create and maintain test artifacts and facilitating artifact reviews.
- Ensure team members are complying with SDLC processes.
- Execute responsibilities with minimal oversight.
- Interface and communicate with internal teams and external support groups.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance work experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology field or relevant experience is required
- Experience working with Agile Methodology required.
- High level experience with SQL for the purpose of locating, creating or manipulating test data.
- Proven ability to write and execute detailed test scripts.
- Experience testing Java applications.
- Experience using JIRA for defect tracking required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities required.
Nice to have:
- Experience testing commercial Linux applications/ Unix skills would be a plus.
- Experience working with UC4 a plus
- Programming knowledge for cucumber/selenium automation a plus Knowledge of financial sector would be beneficial.