5700 Broadmoor St, Mission, KS, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Automotive is looking for an experienced Senior Scrum Master to join our team in Mission, KS.
Senior Scrum Master has primary responsibility of facilitating the formation, learning and growth of multiple cross-functional delivery teams in developing a Lean/Agile mindset, adopting and continuously improving practices in their context, and guiding teams and leaders to enable the effective flow of delivery across the end-to-end value stream. As a servant-leader, the Senior Scrum Master plays a key role in planning, facilitation, supporting teams, removing impediments, providing team coaching and mentorship, visualizing the Lean value stream to optimize for flow, and working with other Lean/Agile practitioners to exchange learnings at scale.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like theyre just that - family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Facilitate contextual adoption of the Scrum Framework, including daily scrum, sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint reviews & retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings
- Facilitate contextual adoption of Lean Thinking, including visualization and continuous optimization of delivery flow using the Kanban Method
- Facilitate and participate in scaled events, including cross-team planning, delivery synchronization, and systems-level inspect & adapt
- Foster team collaboration and proactive, open communication
- Encourage an experimental and fail-fast & learn mindset
- Sustain and promote usage of information radiators for the teams and broader organization
- Collect and share transparent team metrics with teams, recommend new metrics for the teams context, and foster continuous improvement conversations using metrics
- Prepare and facilitate quarterly, release, and sprint planning with the product owner and the team
- Guide Feature and Story-level refinement to the Definition of "Ready" in preparation for the next quarter and upcoming sprints
- Work with the team and Product Owner/Managers to maintain a healthy backlog and rolling short and mid-term planning for upcoming releases
- Able to put ego to the side and the "desire to control" the team by teaching and mentoring increasing levels of self-organizing behavior
- Engage the organization to remove impediments to the teams ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners/managers, leadership, and other teams
- Support communication of delivery progress, gaps, and obstacles with a wide variety of stakeholders; coach product owners/managers to play an active role in stakeholder engagement
- Facilitate cross-team orchestration, tracking and following up with internal and external dependencies
- Act as a buffer between external distractions and the focused environment the team needs to be successful. Where beneficial, protect the team and minimize disruptions
- Forms and guides teams to high performance by helping the team navigate interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Create and sustain an environment of psychological safety and trust among team members, and between the team and the larger organization
- Works with team to co-create and refine team working agreement, definition of "ready", and definition of "done"
- Encourages brainstorming, creative thinking, open minds, equal voice and perspective sharing. Encourages the team to be confident and courageous, thinking outside the box.
- Coaches the team on Lean, Agile, and Scrum principles with a goal of continuous improvement. Able to subtly observe team dynamics, recognize strengths and growth opportunities of individual team members and her/himself, and invite team members into coaching conversations to inspire learning and growth.
- Create a fun, open, and learning environment, experimenting with various methods to improve and grow
- Promote teamwork to enable Lean flow of value and achieving sprint goals
- Lead the teams towards increasing levels of growth in the Lean/Agile context.
- Participate in scaling Lean/Agile adoption throughout adjacent areas of the organization.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Candidates are ideally based in the Mission, KS area
- BA/BS degree in related field and 5+ years of related experience; MS+ with 3 years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 5+ years experience applying both the Scrum Framework and Kanban Method in growing high performing teams as a fulltime practitioner
- Experience as a Scrum Master and/or Kanban Coach at an organization that is committed to Lean-Agile as its core approach for delivering business value
- Experience working with Lean/Agile teams
- Experience working with teams applying test automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery capabilities to achieve delivery speed and operational stability
- Experience using Lean/Agile collaboration tools like Rally, VersionOne, JIRA
- Experience influencing positive and impactful change in organizations working towards Lean/Agile adoption, learning, and growth
- Experience and core values are our top selection criteria; however, certifications help represent ones desire to build knowledge. Some certifications to be considered include LeanKanban Universitys TKP, Scrum.orgs PSM, Scrum Alliances CSM
- Willing and able to provide and receive constructive feedback and advice with a growth mindset
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, particularly in a virtual video and remote environments using tools such as Microsoft Teams, Slack, Zoom, Mural, Trello or other collaboration tools
- Manages time extremely well, can quickly sense when an issue needs to be discussed or triaged
- Ability to dive into the details when applicable, ask probing questions with curiosity, and sense when and how to take action to enable the teams growth
Who We AreAbout Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.