Job Title: ServiceNow CMDB Module Developer
A client of ours is looking for a long term contractor to work in mid Pennsylvania area or in Chicago area as a ServiceNow CMDB Module Developer.
Job Profile Summary
The ServiceNow ITOM developer will provide subject matter expertise to support and provide improvement recommendations for the advancement of our the CMDB, Discovery, Service Mapping, and ITAM across the organization. This person will provide an understanding of the requirements and objectives of ITIL and ITSM best practices, participates in designing tools that support these processes for functional and technical requirements. Advises Process Owners/Managers in the execution of process areas and facilitate positive outcomes for the implementation and communication of processes that will enable IT Services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Further, development and enhancement of the ServiceNow CMDB, Discovery and ITAM databases for defined business applications, edit and create discovery patterns, trouble-shooting process discovery and errors establishing successful CMDB and ITAM databases, care and clean up of the data residing inside the CMDB and ITAM Database.
- Perform day to day administration of the Discovery tool and other CMDB propagation tools, including mapping additional defined hardware/software into the tool and updating discovery configurations for deeper network penetration.
- Enhance the quality and accurate quantity of the Configuration Items maintained and discovered into the CMDB, maintain and advance the Configuration Data as well as the schema and table formats to better support client business units and ITSM processes.
- Work with functional SMEs to maintain the quality and quantity of the Configuration Items, and related asset records through their complete CMDB and Asset lifecycles.
- Work with process owners/SMEs/Network Architects to understand and improve the process requirements related to the capture of configuration data and develop technical specifications and solutions.
- Work with system managers to ensure that the Discovery tool has the appropriate access and permissions to capture configuration information.
- Provide visibility to the performance and issues related to Discovery via the development and deployment of unified CMDB dashboards.
- Work with the ServiceNow ECC queue and discovery event logs to identify and troubleshoot Discovery errors, resolve errors, and advance the success rate of Discovery.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects to understand IT technology strategy that guide which requirements need to be gathered.
- Work with Application/network SMEs to validate CMDB for key applications.
- Maintain the integrity of the ServiceNow CMDB, the database CSDM, and automated CI discovery tools across production and non-production environments.
- Assisting in troubleshooting patch/release management issues, and upgrades
- Review the data being populated into the CMDB and act as a partial owner of the CMDB.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience in Business, Information Management or a related field required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with ServiceNow Discovery
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with Configuration Management with a specific focus on the ServiceNow CMDB module.
- Minimum of 5+ years working on a team as part of a large IT organization
- ServiceNow Administration certification.
- Experience working with LDAP, Active Directory.
- Experience integrating with tools to federate data into the CMDB
- Intermediate Windows and Unix administration skills
- Familiarity with network concepts (routers, switches, firewalls, NAT, load balancing)
- Familiarity with database concepts and frameworks
- Intermediate to a deep understanding of ServiceNow ITOM management
- Proven experience and expertise with any of the following ServiceNow modules will be considered a plus in selection: ITSM, ITOM, ITAM, GRC/VRM, SecOps, Service Requests, HR, Portal, Custom Applications, Virtual Agent, Operational Intelligence, Cloud Management and Event management.
- Strong hands-on experience in troubleshooting ServiceNow Discovery, CMDB, ServiceNow CSDM, and ITAM database structures, data management, and process enhancement.
- Strong, proven hands-on experience with REST and SOAP web services
- Ability to discuss credentials, install a product, troubleshoot permission issues, discuss and troubleshoot network connectivity/authentications with network developers/architects
- Strong written and verbal communication, good interpersonal skills, including collaboration, communication, relationship building, and negotiation
- Able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Acquaintance with Web and Application Servers, Load Balancers, Databases, and Virtualization (WebSphere, MQ, IIS, Apache, VMware)
- Strong knowledge of network equipment and architecture.
- ITIL certification
- Experience working with Infoblox, vCenter, SCCM, Qualys, SolarWinds, and/or other monitoring tools.
- Advanced ServiceNow Administration and Scripting course completion
- Experience with ServiceNow Event module
- Experience with ServiceNow Asset Management module
- Experience with ServiceNow Service Mapping module