Description Job Requisition:
Sr Software Assurance Security Engineer - CBPJob Description:
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Software Assurance (SA) Security Engineer to join our CBP Team.
The Senior Software Assurance Security Engineer duties will include:
Qualifications:Required Skills and Education:
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design and within time and cost constraints.
- Apply coding and testing standards, security testing tools, threat modeling and conduct code reviews.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to ensure the desired information is produced and instructions are correct. Identify common coding flaws.
- Identify security issues around steady state operation and management of software.
- Incorporate security measures that must be taken when a product reaches end of life.
- Perform integrated quality assurance testing for security functionality and resiliency attacks.
- Perform secure programming and identify potential flaws in codes to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Recognize security implications in the software acceptance phase, including completion criteria, risk acceptance, and documentation, common criteria and methods of independent testing.
- Perform penetration testing as required for new or updated applications.
- Apply defense functions (ie: encryption, access control, identity management) to reduce exploitation opportunities of supply chain vulnerabilities.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of Information Security issues to include cloud technology, internet servers, web-enabled database application, network security, security engineering, data integrity, intrusion detection, firewalls management, forensic and legal information security, virtual private networks, public key/infrastructure/digital signature, encryption, network security architecture and DHS Policy.
BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Must have an active Secret Clearance.
In addition to the specific clearance requirement, all personnel supporting CBP must have a current background investigation (BI) or obtain a favorable BI before joining the program.
Must have comprehensive knowledge of Information Security issues to include: Cloud technology, Internet servers, Web-enabled database application, Data integrity, Intrusion detection, Firewalls management, Forensic and legal information security, Virtual private networks, Public key/infrastructure/digital signature, Encryption, Network security architecture.
- Experience working with application development tools, such as version control, defect tracking, build management and test management
- Prior experience with C# and/or development environments similar to Visual Studio
- Experience with Selenium or similar portable testing software for web applications preferred
- Basic understanding of relational database, stored procedures, database functions, and SQL
- Understanding of testing web services and APIs including REST, SoapUI, and/or WebAPIDesired Skills:
Network Security background and Cloud/AWS experienceExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.