W2 Contract (please, no third party candidates)
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Java Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
for a Contract
assignment with one of our premier Financial Services
clients in Tampa, FL, Jersey City, NJ or Dallas, TX.
Remote for now; later on site when safe & feasible in any of these 3 locations
Core java test developer ( Collections, data structures. APIs) with strong Selenium Responsibilities
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer in test responsible for design, development and maintenance of automated test, and various software test engineering activities. Experienced in Agile/Waterfall, onsite/offshore work model and coordination. Proficient in Java and Selenium he/she should be able to write Test Cases and automated test that validate the application functionality. Should possess excellent verbal, written and analytical skills, able to interact with application development teams, business analysts/SME, business users and project managers to understand requirements and communicate status. Test Automation
- Develop, maintain, and execute automated test scripts using Selenium.
- Enhance existing automation framework developed in Selenium.
- Integrate Selenium scripts with Jenkins CloudBees.
- Maintain traceability of functional requirements/Test Cases to automation test scripts.
- Develop automation test strategy and approach.
- Manage automation activities and provide status to stakeholders on accessing overall progress and completion.
- Maintain well-organized records of test results and generate historical analysis of test results.
- Support overall test engineering activities such as development of Test Approach, Test Cases, and manual test execution as needed.
- Work closely with application development and other technical teams to,
- Understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts.
- Work with technical resources to discuss and troubleshoot issues.
- Work with business resources to understand purpose and concept for software features.
- Provide test engineering guidance and direction to employees and consultants and, as needed, provides complex automation testing services to multiple projects.
- Mentos and direct activities of analyst and test Engineers.
- Coordinate multiple projects and guides project team members with internal and external interfaces, particularly for more complex testing situations.
- Ensure on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestones accomplishments by:
- Provide inputs in developing estimates to support new and existing projects;
- Create status reports;
- Tracking and reporting actual versus planned completion; and,
- Ensuring all activity is accurately recorded and reported.
- Assist Test Manager in developing estimates to support new and existing projects.
- Assist Test Manager in reviewing Portfolio Management and Resource Management forecast reports, to optimize team's supply/demand planning, maximizing resource utilization.
- Ensure all development lifecycle test engineering work of other team members, including the review of high-level designs, detail designs, and test plans and results are completed according to standards.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work by other team members on the Team, assisting with issues resolution.
- Provide support and on-the-job training to more junior or less experienced team members.
- Facilitate individual team member development of technical, functional, and industry skills.
- Act as a role model and mentors other team members.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software testing (with 3+ years of experience in application development and/or automated testing, and 1-2 years of experience in managing testing).
- 6 years of experience in software testing
- 3+ years of hands-on expertise in test automation using Selenium and Java development.
- Strong core Java coding skills are a MUST (will be asked in video interview questions)
- 1-2 years of experience in managing testing
- Experience in enhancing Selenium automation framework.
- Hands-on experience in Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket.
- Experience in test automation for Agile Continuous Integration/Development
- Experience with at least one RDBMS and SQL queries
- API, REST/SOAP Experience.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in creation of test strategy and automation design document.
- Basic knowledge of mainframe related testing.
- Experience with HP QC or ALM and JIRA
- Experience in financial services industry related to investment banking, wealth management, corporate actions and securities processing
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com