We are looking for a Senior Software Developer - Angular 9+
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Responsibilities:
- Ensure the proper requirements management for all the phases of the lifecycle, according to company standard processes (IMS).
- Guarantee the design and the implementation of a complete solution (components, documentation and tools)
- Contribute to the identification and ensure the application of automation common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices
- Ensure the requirement identification and their mapping into specific detailed requirements
- Ensure the correct development of SW platform in accordance with Automation needs and principle
- Ensure the definition of SW test planning and the related test execution by defining and setting up the test environment and the simulator engines
- Ensure the resolution of any SW issue affecting the delivery of a project.
- Ensure the integration test definition and execution
- An expert in Angular 9+
- Ideally experience in C++ too
- Driven continual learner
- Very comfortable leading/coaching/pairing with others
- Comfortable working in advance of/in parallel to the authoring of long-form requirements, e.g., can they find ways to confirm the target, remain productive amidst occasional uncertainty, speak up so we can right the situation, etc.
- Strong in recommending appropriate sustainable architecture/design patterns to employ, specifically for how Angular 9+ is implemented over a legacy application (i.e., adherence to the architectural attributes / "ilities" like modifyability, testability, supportability, scalability, performability, etc.). We hesitate to call this an architect position as this person would ideally be developing alongside the team, and sometimes "architect" implies a bit more hands off than desired here. We need someone to "lean in" by asserting experience-based architectural recommendations, and be able to defend those recommendations via sharable documented designs which speak to the "ilities".
- Understands the value of DevOps and has shown evidence of supporting manual SW process/delivery techniques while leaning in to support/submit ideas for increasing automation iteratively, as needed
- Strong, clear communication skills and willingness to produce well documented code and design documentation. Candidate should have experience leading out with authoring the right level of design documentation to assure team alignment, team throughput, etc.
- Bonus: Experience with Electron
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or .