Advantage Tech is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Kansas City, MO Client. The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for the design, development, maintenance, testing and evaluation of new or existing software applications. They will be responsible for the entire application lifecycle from research and design to implementation, training and support. Senior Software Developers are often given more complex tasks and aid with research and design on difficult or time sensitive projects or issues. They are also tasked with mentoring other Software Developers.
The Senior Software Developer will work closely with their leadership in understanding requirement and project timelines. They will also work with Software Developers to help ensure best practices and sound technical decisions are made, and that software designs adhere to architecture specifications and department standards. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
- Develop web applications, web services, and backend processes for both internal and external customers
- Design and maintain database structures and stored procedures
- Review code written by other developers
- Troubleshoot and fix issues with various existing software applications and processes
- Create and review software architectures to ensure applications are efficient, scalable, and secure
- Help establish and maintain software standards
- Participate in and help refine Agile process
- Experience designing and developing applications using the .NET Framework and .NET Core
- Experience with Agile software development processes and procedures
- Experience mentoring Software Developers
- Experience with Azure DevOps tools and resources for application lifecycle management and source control
- Strong understanding of SOLID design principles
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of software development and security standards
- Knowledge of relational databases, preferably SQL Server
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills to resolve defects
Four year college degree or equivalent work experience with a high school education
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal's #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.