The Corporate Information Services Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Senior Software Engineer - Integration.
Working as a member of the team, the Senior Software Engineer - Integration leads the implementation, and supervises the testing, documentation and support of integration projects. Designs and implements new applications or modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives. Provides technical support to entities as needed. Meets deadlines and ensures continued progress toward assignment completion. Monitors the resolution of maintenance or enhancement issues. Interfaces with the user community regarding application design and support. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Shares experience and expertise with other members of team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Regularly meets with users, vendors, and IS staff to develop/modify system specifications.
- Designs solutions for applications and prepares the appropriate documentation.
- Supervises development of test data, system testing and documentation for all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Performs quality assurance on applicable functionality. Researches and resolves implementation-related Customer Support Center Tickets.
- Adheres to appropriate Project Management standards.
- Ensures strict adherence to work plans, reporting all serious deviations to management.
- Oversees the training of users in operating procedures for application. Assists in providing programming estimates for new, or changes to, existing project requests
- Designs, codes, tests and documents new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Researches and resolves Customer Support Center Tickets including major application upgrades.
- Adheres to Service Level and Change Management Policies.
- Provides on-call support as scheduled. Establishes and maintains regular communications with user community.
Administration and Oversight
- Effectively trains analysts in performance of their duties as required.
- Provides technical support and guidance to other team members as required.
- Maintains Service Excellence principles.
- Prepares and promptly submits all routine and special reports.
- Interviews applicants for vacant positions as needed using appropriate interview techniques.
- Contributes to performance evaluation of staff members as needed.
- Keeps management well informed of activities, needs, problems.
- Reviews and reports progress on an ongoing basis Provides technical advice to staff as required.
- Directs and assists other Software Engineers when necessary.
- Bachelor s degree required Minimum of five years of experience in .NET, SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), object-oriented application development and RDBMS methodology.
- Working knowledge of system application implementation, enhancement and support methods and practices.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of computer systems analysis and programming techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications; design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, coding, debugging, or modification of interfaces or programs based on and related to user design specifications.
- Working knowledge of development standards and quality methods and metrics.
- Working knowledge of project management methods. General familiarity of user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications.
- Experience will include problem solving, creating system and program level documentation, complex database design concepts, knowledge of basic business management concepts.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the project development life cycle.
- Ability to clearly convey and assimilate information, and prepare detailed specifications and documentation.
- Ability to multi-task while effectively managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cerner Revenue Cycle experience
- Data warehousing experience
- Data cube experience
- Predictive analytics experience