We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer with extensive experience with C# .Net web programming. This role will be responsible for providing development support for E-File Servers supporting H &R Block tax preparation at home and online software.What you'll be doing...
What you'll bring to the role...
- Design and development of server software components.
- Creation and maintenance of systems design and architecture approaches documentation.
- Proposing features to enhance scalability, usability and performance.
- Leading technical design and code reviews for all changes, encouraging reusability and automated development testing.
- Understanding complex business and functional requirements, providing direction in resulting technical specifications.
- Maintaining/applying current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role.
It would be even better if you had...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Two years' experience in system analysis, design and programming experience.
- Extensive experience with C# .Net Framework and Core
- Experience with C++
- Development of interface software - Experience with SOAP (SOAP: Lite), JSON, and REST.
- Experience in client server and web environments; Web Server/IIS web services development.
- Experience relational database technology, esp. SQL/Oracle.
- Windows Services support, in high-reliable environment.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated and effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Azure DevOps Pipelines build/deploy processes
- Azure Hosted environment experience
- Experience with Rabbit MQ.
#dicepostAbout H&R Block...
H &R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H &R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.