New Iron is leading the search for a Sr Software Engineer to join a rapidly growing, innovative healthcare mobile SaaS platform startup.
This is a 100% US-remote opportunity for a customer based out of Austin, TX.
You will join a tight-knit team architecting new features into the mobile application platform.
The ideal candidate will have significant full stack development using React.js/Node.js to build microservices APIs deploying into AWS Cloud. Priority will be given to candidates with extensive experience with React.js or Vue.js.
This is a huge opportunity to grow within the company, promote change of software processes and expand your technical skills in Node.js!
Responsibilities may include:
- Lead player in architecting, implementing, and bringing a web-based SaaS product to market with paying customers
- Develop, test, deploy, and monitor your code through all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Drive and contribute to upgrade the products scalability, stability, security, and quality
- Design, develop and maintain new features and underlying product architecture along with balancing the priority of maturity
- Plan and implement automated QA and Ops for new features
- Participate in code reviews, daily stand-ups, and sprint retrospectives
- Serve as a leader and mentor to more junior engineers within your team
- Act as "tier 3" support for the product when needed
- Contribute to non-product technical efforts as needed ( IT, Security, Compliance, Availability)
- 7+ years of experience in web-based SaaS solutions
- Expertise in SQL and/or NoSQL experience
- At least 3+ years of experience with Node.js development
- Experience with CSS and responsive design frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.
- Experience with messaging systems; you will get to choose the implementation
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications on AWS
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON as an payload and data storage format
- Experience with CI/CD infrastructure tools like Jenkins
- Experience with automated testing frameworks includes unit level and/or end-to-end tests
- Prior experience with data layer projects such as Data model design, query writing, data caching, data migrations,ORM
- Prior contributor experience to Ops includes AWS load balancer, database, cache, storage services and network configuration
- Exposure to SRE and availability monitoring infrastructure as code
- Understanding of real-time communication technologies such as WebSockets
- Understanding of security principles of web-based applications
Nice to have:
- Working experience in a startup environment and requiring to wear many technical hats
- Prior experience working with highly available SaaS systems
- Exposure with user-facing and back BI concepts/systems
- Some exposure to IT security systems of highly regulated verticals ( e.g IAM, DLP, MDM, IDS/IPS, PCI, HIPPA)
- Experience in general mobile applications like iOS and Android publishing processes, push alerts, and hardware interactions
- Experience with HTML5 mobile applications or others like PWA, Cordova, PhoneGap, Iconic, etc.
- BS in Computer Science or Bootcamp background
This is a remote contract role for a client based in Austin, TX. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.