Duration: Full time position
Location: Vancouver, BC (onsite)
***Work authorization: must be a Canadian Citizen, Canadian Permanent Resident or have a Canadian open work permit, as long as you intend to go for your (permanent residence), or have a few years of employment eligibility to go.
We’re seeking a Sr. Software Developer with creativity bounded by scientific method techniques to join our talented and growing Network and Web Application Performance Monitoring team.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to research and experiment with the latest Java technologies, and will delve deeply into the code in order to instrument the internals of those technologies.
If you are an enthusiastic software developer with excellent design and programming skills, and you are passionate about leveraging the latest technologies, then please read on!
In our fast-paced environment, your significant knowledge and experience will enable you to:
- Be an active member of self-organizing, cross-functional Scrum teams
- Collaboratively engineer new web application features and visualizations
- Work closely with product owners to understand priorities and requirements
- Design and implement portable, reusable, and testable UI components
- Seamlessly integrate the user interface with back-end application services
- Write maintainable code with automated tests to prove it
- See the job through to completion by understanding how the software will be built, tested, deployed and supported
To excel in this position you will need:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of professional web development experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Experience utilizing Java/J2EE technologies for back-end services (EJB3, JPA, Spring, Jersey, Guava)
- Experience working with a variety of SQL and NoSQL data stores (PostgresSQL, Aurora, DynamoDB, S3, BigQuery)
- A strong grasp of CS and software design principles
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux systems
Bonus points (for):
- Experience with cloud architectures and a variety of Amazon Web Services
- Experience or strong interest in network management or web application performance
- Experience working in Scrum teams, ideally as a Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Knowledge of Scala and related frameworks
- Knowledge of other JVM languages, such as Clojure, JRuby, Groovy etc
- Experience working with Application Performance Management and other tools (Profiler, JMX etc) to troubleshoot performance problems