We have following urgent role with our DIRECT client
Title: Sr Software Engineer (Java, Hive, Big data , Data Structure)
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ months
Compensation: Competitive ( DOE )
Most important skills are
- Strong Java - Data structure / Algorithm coding
- Hive SQL
- Apache Spark and other big data technology
Will work with the customer backbone Sys-Infra team.
Ideal Candidate Must-Haves
- Solid foundation with Apache Tomcat, REST/SOAP, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Worked on a customer facing scalable low latency Web-Service supporting 50K+ requests per day.
- Strong skills in Object oriented design, core Java, shell scripting.
- Strong development skills in Python and SQL.
- Solid foundation in data structures, and algorithms.
- BS + 6 years, MS + 4 years, PhD + 1 year of work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to navigate and work through ambiguity.
Preferred Qualifications (3-5 "nice to haves")
- Strong development skills around Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Couchbase, HBase, Cassandra, Map Reduce.
- Proven experience to lead a project team to complete complex projects from start to end.
- Knowledge and proven experience on SOA, performance/scalability tuning, real time analytics.
- Prior experience with Retail, eCommerce or SaaS offerings.
- Good testing practices (unit, integration, system) with automation