Be part of the dev team of the innovative leader in healthcare financial decision support. EPSi, an Allscripts company, is currently seeking a strong hands-on Java engineer to help us build out our brand-new, state-of-the-art, next generation platform in the cloud.
Do you want to make a difference? Are you ready to shape your future into an exciting career? Do you want to work in an exciting environment that will enable you to use your passion, experience, and skills to help change healthcare for the better?
With the right team, anything is possible. The talent of our team is what has made us a leader in healthcare budgeting and decision support. We hire the best people, and help them grow professionally, ensuring a bright future for our teams and our clients.
This position is located in our Chesterfield, MO office. Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise for defining, developing, and testing software in an agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
- Build and own your applications from development through operation in production.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
- Production of efficient and fully functioning code and unit tests in the timelines agreed upon by the Agile team
- Production of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
- Ensure all work is peer reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
- Production and revision of accurate detailed estimates
- Communicate your progress regularly
- Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree or relevant Technical / Business experience
- Candidates must possess 5+ years of overall software development experience.
- A proven track record of building Java or Scala applications
- Experience with cloud infrastructure components from Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with Restful Web and/or Micro Services
- Familiarity with Postgres SQL
- Familiarity with or a desire to learn Scala and play framework (or any other functional language).
- Familiarity with Git, Jira, and Confluence
- Experience with design patterns
- Experience working in the Agile model
- Familiarity with Python a plus
- Familiarity with React JS a plus
- Experience in the healthcare or financial domains a plus
- Able and willing to travel for occasional short assignments.
- This position is located in the Chesterfield, MO office.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
EPSi is a stand-alone brand, fully owned by Allscripts, with its own C-level and senior leadership. When you work for EPSi, you get the advantages and benefits of working with a large, public company with the innovative culture and direction and of a small, nimble company.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans