195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
202000275 Kelley Blue Book,
a Cox Automotive
brand, is currently looking for a Sr Software Engineer
to join our KBB.com team in Irvine, CA. Our Teams:
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you'll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you'll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset.
Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities. The Job:
As a Sr Software Engineer
on the KBB Audience Experience team, you will be a part of a software team that designs and develops robust and scalable web services and consumer facing applications.
You will be an accomplished, well-rounded developer with a solid understanding of the appropriate use of best practices and frameworks for high volume web services and applications. You will help establish good software practices. You will be passionate about exploring the use of innovative technologies and techniques and evaluating them for suitability in our environment. Technologies We Use:
- Databases: MSSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, MySQL
- Amazon: AWS SDK, Elastic Beanstalk, ElastiCache, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
- DevOps Tools: NewRelic, AWS CodeBuild, TeamCity, Splunk
Qualifications: What We Look For:
- Be a part of a team of software engineers that design and develop code that consistently adheres to good programming practices
- Build modern UI's using REACT.js
- Participate in architectural sessions and provide solutions to complex problems
- Design, develop, and maintain high volume Microsoft .NET C# web services using industry standard tools and frameworks.
- Design and maintain schemas in our databases
- Write efficient SQL for loading and querying data
- Collaborate with product managers and technologists to solve business problems
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Maintain Cox Automotives position as an industry leader by exploring new technologies, languages, and techniques in the rapidly evolving world of high volume data processing
- Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional application development experience with a proven ability to deliver projects on time
- Strong C# Skills
- Hands-on experience with designing and implementing on AWS is preferred
- Experience with designing and implementing high volume web services
- Strong database development skills, including advanced SQL, relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently designing, developing and deploying solutions with minimal direction
- Experience designing and developing platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.