Sr. Appian Developer Description
At Bank of the West, our
people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel
we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship
programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for
sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is
taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and
strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting
the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank
for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help
our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for the detailed
architecture, design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or
implementation of short- and long-term software solutions to business and
technology initiatives that are of moderate to high complexity levels with
integrations. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests,
debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced
environment. EssentialJob Functions
- Advisesand Leads software architecture services typically in a defined moderate tocomplex project(s) by coordinating with Enterprise Architecture.
- Analyze,design, implement, integrate and test multiple Appian BPM applications usinglatest version of Appian
- Handson development of Appian BPM applications
- Providesworking prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions
- Reviewsand develops improvements to system requirements and business processes; codes,tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
- Ensureproject deliverables meet quality standards and functional as well asnon-functional requirements
- Ensuresthat defined architecture is successfully implemented
- Establishesimprovements to increase efficiency
- Developsand governs software policies, standards and procedures
- Revisesand approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards andTechnology strategy
- CreatesAppian objects such as records, models, rules, CDTs, etc. according to bestpractices
- Reviewsand advises IT standards and procedures.
Qualifications Qualifications& Required Experience
- Interfacewith Architects, customers and technical personnel to understand businessprocesses and system requirements
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills. Ability to write clear, understandablelogic for maintainable code, which meets design specifications.
- Participate/Providethe Level3 Production Support (as needed)
- Participatesin technology Architecture reviews with Enterprise Architecture
- Performsother duties as assigned.
- Abilityto identify, resolve and recommend solutions to problems.
- Aptitudefor detail and accuracy.
- Abilityto develop and maintain customer relationships. Ability to interactdiplomatically with a variety of individuals on all levels.
- Abilityto effectively communicate with technical and non-technical groups, bothinternal and external.
- Abilityto provide training and guidance to less experienced developers
- Requiresmastery level Technical knowledge of job area typically obtained throughadvanced education combined with experience.
- Requires10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- 5to 7 Years of experience in Architecture/Design and Development using AppianBPM version 17 and above version.
- Deepknowledge and experience in Agile methodologies
- Experiencein working with JSON, XML & RESTful API
- Experiencein Object Oriented programming languages primarily Java
- Experiencein real-time / Batch data integrations
- Experiencein Distributed environments
- Experiencein backend database development with Oracle
- Experiencein working with at least one external integration i.e. Web service, ESB, etc.
- Experienceworking with Enterprise Architects
- Experiencein Banking/Financial industry is preferred .
- Exposureto Wealth Management domain is preferred but not essential
- Knowledgeof current technologies associated with operating environments is a Plus .
Degree in Engineering / Computer Science Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal
employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status
protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action
employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject
to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
United States-California-San Ramon Requisition ID: