Los Angeles, CA Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Sr Software Engineer
• Hands-on Java development experience. Design and develop microservices using Java / Scala.
• Designs, develops, and implements software solutions using various AWS services including but not limited to IoT, Lambda, and S3).
• Writes clear, concise code in accordance with development standards and best practices.
• Passion for Front-End technologies and React ecosystems.
• Design and develop custom, full-stack, distributed systems for our clients by understanding their business needs and challenges.
• Think about distributed systems & services and care passionately about producing high quality code.
• Deep knowledge of data structures and familiarity with storage systems, and other technical tools.
• Familiarity in writing unit tests using frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito or other equivalents.
• Experience writing code that integrates with advanced asynchronous communication mechanisms such as Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.
• Experience using build tools such as Maven or Gradle.
• Experience in writing queries for relational and NoSQL databases.
• Implement clean, lightweight, maintainable code in a test-driven development approach.
• Assist the Engineering Manager and Principal Engineer in transforming and maintaining a high-integrity, agile engineering organization.
• Mentor and coach software engineers, allowing for skill / knowledge development of peers.
• B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering.
• 5+ years of backend development and microservices / distributed systems experience.
• 3+ Experience designing and documenting application architectures.
• 3+ Solid experience working with message brokers and queueing technologies.
• 3+ Solid experience assembling micro services technical documentation.
• Ability to design and build RESTful APIs from scratch.
• Comfort with the AWS tech stack (Lambda, Batch, Step Functions).
• Strong understanding of software development and lifecycle management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Java 8+
• Spring development framework (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
• RESTful APIs and web services
• Message broker and services (Kafka, AWS Kinesis)
• Relational database (RDBMS) and object-relational mapping frameworks (MySQL)
• NoSQL DB (Couchbase, DynamoDB)
• Polymer UI
• Elasticsearch / ElastiCache
Full-stack development experience is a plus.
Golang - The Go Programming Language (nice to have).
Job is routine and low complexity. Duties are performed with specific directions given and work is checked or verified visually on a frequent basis. Decisions are made within specific operational instructions and departmental guidelines. Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com