DevOps Cloud Engineer
Fulltime - 3 years
US visa sponsorship is not available for the role
As a DevOps Cloud Engineer, you will perform operational support and software development for the Client's AWS Cloud Platform.
In addition, you will:
• Operate within an Agile team and participate in all aspects of that team’s work.
• Work within established guidelines such as coding standards, workflow and tool standards.
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to junior team members by pairing, coaching and reviewing.
• Be considered an expert in implementations of cloud tools and technologies in use.
• Occasionally provide input into the product development strategy and roadmaps.
What Skills You Need
• 2+ years of experience with application development
• 3+ years of experience working with application design
• 2+ years of experience with Agile development processes including: Extreme Programming (XP) practices, Test Driven Development and Test Automation
• 2+ years of experience with infrastructure as code, automation, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
• Great communication skills, and ability to communicate and teach complex technical content to less experienced audience.
• Experience with communicating technical decisions and their rationales to our clients and development teams
• Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25% What Makes You Stand Out Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
• 5+ years of experience with Python development
• 3+ years of experience with Java development
• Well versed working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud platform technologies
• Experience with applications development environment, database, data administration and infrastructure capabilities and constraints.
• Experience working with Relational Databases and NoSQL database technologies.
• Experience with troubleshooting complex network architecture using technologies like: proxy, firewall, and DNS.
• Ability to work with complex host applications requiring high performance and scalability
• Working with offshore development teams
Education: Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent
Quantum World Technologies Inc.
Office: 805-222-0532 Ext-114