Sr Solution Architect - Dell Financial Services
Round Rock, Texas
The Dell Financial Services Solution Architect is an expert in the fundamental skills of architecture and has been a practicing business, information, infrastructure, or systems architect. The Architect has melded appropriate business and industry understanding to superior skills in technology, thus allowing them to demonstrate value to shareholders and stakeholders alike through demonstrated leadership skills and the delivery of innovative strategy. They participate as equals in the business strategy development space, making technology a fundamental investment tool to meet the organizations objectives. With their strong skills, they participate in all aspects of technology innovation as partners with IT and business leaders for transformation.Responsibilities
- Own strategic responsibility for the company's IT systems, including reducing total cost of ownership, modernizing the architecture, and innovation to support the business
- Partner with development teams across the functional areas to prioritize capabilities, drive architectural standards and governance, and support key strategic initiatives
- Manage the risks associated with information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies
- Develop a future state technical architecture vision, aligned to the business strategy, and transition states to achieve that technology vision .
- Design applications and services to support domain and program demands ensuring
High levels of scalability and resilience
Industry competitive measure of performance
Seamless and responsive customer experience
Security and data privacy
- Define Infrastructure strategy for applications and d rive transition of applications and services to cloud based platforms
- Promote adoption of test driven development, automated testing, continuous integration and delivery processes to deliver value faster
- Identify use cases to adopt innovative technologies to drive business transformation and p romote predictive and automated capabilities as part of the transformation
- Develop Proof of concepts to validate technology opportunities and publish technical whitepapers and architecture documentations on standards, guidelines, and innovation
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business, technology ecosystem and appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, and how technology helps the organization achieve its strategic goals
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, or related degree with a minimum of 10+ years of combined architecture and software engineering experience, or a Graduate degree with 8+ years of experience
- Experience developing architectures enabling digital transformation within a business
- The ability to apply architectural principles, visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the enterprise architecture
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization and a bility to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Servant Leader - highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, commitment oriented, team player, win-win negotiator
- Emotional intelligence - self-awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, empathy, consensus builder, collaborator, facilitator
- Experience with solutions from Dell, Pivotal, VMWare and other Dell Technologies
- Experience working in a Financial Services environment, preferably with knowledge of Leasing and Commerce platforms
- Experience with private, public and hybrid cloud architecture and services
- Experience with advanced analytics including machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Financial services expertise supporting global operations and k nowledge of financial modeling as it pertains to IT investment
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're ready to lead the way in IT architecture development, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .