Systems / DevOps Engineer
Strong systems or DevOps engineer with over 2 years of experience who can bring innovation to system deployments. Enhance capabilities in software continuous integration, automated deployments, log collection and analysis, and hardware and software monitoring. Able to learn, select, and integrate new technologies independently. Looking to move into technical leadership by mentoring and guiding junior engineers.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Specify and oversee deployments of large-scale hardware, networking, and telecom infrastructure.
- Implement automated software deployments, network configurations, and telecom integrations.
- Implement hardware and software monitoring, reporting, and upgrade paths.
Experience in or desire to expand into the following areas:
- Production monitoring (Zabbix, Zenoss, Nagios, New Relic)
- Automated deployment tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Network analysis tools (Wireshark)
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (Bash, Ruby, Perl, Python)
- Log aggregation and reporting (ELK, Splunk)
- Containers (Docker)
- Operating Systems (Windows Server, RHEL)
- SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- System security management (Active Directory Certificate Services, SSL, IPSec/VPN, IDM)
- Digital and analog communications (T1/VoIP Gateways) and test tools
- System requirements design, partitioning, functional allocation, physical allocation
- System design including conceptual, functional, & physical designs of large scale, distributed systems
- Experience in routing and networking technologies (Cisco certifications a plus)