Prominent firm with Excellent mangement and growth!
Sr Systems Engineer
Summary: Senior Systems Engineer manages and is responsible for the development and delivery of IT standards, best practices, architecture and systems to ensure a secure, stable environment for the firm.
Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Maintain and oversee the firm’s Virtual Server and Storage infrastructure.
- Administer Microsoft Active Directory and role based Windows servers including Exchange and SQL.
- Manage backups and disaster recovery of all network resources.
- Provide senior level support to Engineers and Support Desk
- Secure system resources by developing access / monitoring control and documentation.
- Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Participates in preparing and testing of the disaster recovery plan.
- Responsible for developing information security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Resolve a variety of network/systems issues including connectivity, routing, bandwidth, latency, performance degradation.
- Experience configuring and supporting SAN and Hyper converged systems; Nutanix a plus.
- Experience configuring and supporting Virtualization Technologies, VMware & Acropolis a plus.
- Experience managing Microsoft Windows Servers and related platforms.
- Experience managing system monitoring solutions, Solarwinds a plus.
- knowledge of Network connectivity and routing issues.
- knowledge of Server Hardware Platforms: HP, Cisco, Nutanix
- knowledge of remote office connectivity technologies including MPLS, SSL/VPN and others.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills both within and outside of the IT Department.
Education and Experience
- Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology and/or equivalent industry certifications. At least 5 years of experience managing a Microsoft/VMware network environment.
370 Lexington Ave -Suite 1802 New York, NY, 10017Contact