NexusTek is a national, full-service provider of IT solutions to SMB organizations. We excel in tackling the complexities of partially and fully outsourced IT, voice system implementation, cloud enablement and migration, document management, data back-up and protection. At NexusTek, we never forget that even though technology changes, demonstrating integrity never does. We are proud of our past, excited about our future, and confident of our continued success.
We are seeking a skilled Sr. Systems Engineer who performs a variety of hands-on, technical support responsibilities, remotely and in-the-field, requiring a thorough working knowledge of information technology and infrastructure administration.
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide tier 2 and tier 3 consultative client support including some local travel to client facilities within a specified geographic area.
- Accountable for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and billable/utilization hours.
- Work closely with project engineering, client services team, management team, and 3rd party vendors to resolve client’s technology issues.
- Respond and perform timely and accurate scheduled maintenance and service tasks as defined for individual clients.
- Ability to resolve technical issues including, but not limited to, Microsoft Operating Systems, Windows Server (2008/2012/2016), workstation/server hardware, peripheral devices including printers, scanners, etc., networking including routers, switches, firewalls, cloud and virtualization-based technologies, and common client/server applications including MS Office, Adobe, etc.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or other industry certification preferred.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver license.
- Three to five years of experience resolving technical problems and troubleshooting in a client-server environment.
Strong working knowledge of the following:
- Windows Server (2008/2012/2016)
- Windows 7 and 10
- Networking Technologies
- Server/PC Hardware Diagnostics
- Cloud-Based and Virtualization Technologies
- Familiarity with ConnectWise, LabTech, SonicWall Global Management System (GMS), Webroot, desirable.
The candidate must possess a relevant combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field preferred
Pay and Benefits:
Our competitive pay and employee benefits program reflects our commitment to attract, motivate, and retain the highest quality and most competent employees. Our employee benefits program includes PPO and HMO medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, 401K Plan and generous paid PTO and holidays.