About the Team
It's an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team
has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it's online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart's success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are. About the JobSenior Technical Analyst - Customer Data, CRM.How this role will make an impact:
This position leads and executes product delivery in partnership with product owners, architects, and lead engineers as part of a Scrum Team. In this position, you will help product owners refine business and technical requirements, perform analysis on the system or capability, test outcomes prior to launch, and partner with operations teams to ensure supportability of the capability. The technical analyst will analyze, discover, document, and act as a subject matter expert on the details of key customer facing capabilities, as well as understand and document the data flow between systems that enable application functionality. The role will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders including business partners, other scrum or IT teams, and external vendors. Your goals and responsibilities will include:
What you'll bring to the table:
- Understand the business operations in detail; knowledgeable of current and possible future practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they relate to other areas.
- Support product owners as needed with the refinement of business requirements and functional design specifications. Identify gaps between business requirements and application capabilities and recommend options.
- Act as a subject matter expert for functional and system capabilities. Analyze, discover, document, and maintain functional and system designs in Customer knowledgebase.
- Understand and apply platform configurations (CRM)
- Write SQL queries to query databases as needed for analysis into issues or system functionality to inform design.
- Understand system integration methods and data flow
- Actively engage with a scrum team of developers, architects, and analysts in delivering business requirements, technical requirements and testing for the implemented functionalities. Work closely with the product owner throughout delivery to ensure solution meets business needs.
- Ensure the appropriate IT teams are engaged in the solution so all effected systems are included. Influences technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical solution/application capabilities/business requests and negotiates resolution.
- Guide vendor partners to ensure deliverables are high quality, on time, and meet the business needs. Ensure that proposed system changes are supported by application vendor. Evaluate, coordinate and/or applies vendor package and software tool upgrades and patches.
- Coordinate test activities with QA engineers, including: identifying task dependencies, test schedules, creation of test data, utilization of test environments, perform system testing.
- Partner with IT Operations as needed to support resolution of issues as needed and accept responsibility for the resolution.
- As issues occur, provide data analysis and audits to identify and address root cause of business problems and to make better informed decisions.
- Bachelor's degree - Math, Science, Computer Science, or Business preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in analyzing, designing, configuring, and implementing complex applications
- 3+ years of experience supporting CRM, email, or marketing automation systems
- 3+ years of experience analyzing data and understanding data ecosystems in a retail or comparable environment.
- SQL and data verification
- Experience with data flow validation/ analysis through integrated systems (ETL Testing)
- Excellent analysis/troubleshooting skills, effective partnering/relationship building skills
- Experience for managing vendors to deliver components of projects
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum frameworks and Waterfall methodology
- Should be customer-oriented, mission focused, and a quick, continuous learner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively between business and technical teams
- Ability to work with and through others to resolve issues
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experienced oral and written communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and solid work ethic
NICE TO HAVES:
About the Culture
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, IBM MDM, Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of APIs, modern data architectures, and QA automation
- Release management experience
- Production support experience
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- "Top Dog" gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- "Sit & Stay" Caf serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- On-site coffee bar
- "Lil' Paws" learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/