CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL)
is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink
for more information.
- Job Summary
This position partners in a team environment or be able to independently manage and document all aspects of one or more technical project(s) that are tactical or strategic in nature and involve one functional area. Job Description
- Provides technical direction to engineering projects and services in an assigned area, from design to start-up.
- Ensure that the project is on schedule, is high quality, is within determined budget, and meets the measures of success (MOS) and the high-level achievements (HLA).
- Maintain knowledge in several of the following: mainframe development, midrange development, builds software development lifecycle management, software testing methodology, production deployment, technical architecture development, and requirements management.
- Accountable for timely project completion and delivery.
- Input into scope packages, identify roles/responsibilities, and deliverables for day to day projects.
- Develop the project delivery schedule which includes identification and logical sequencing of activities needed to complete deliverables and to identify critical paths. Identifies risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Input to and communication of project plans, project status and issues to all stakeholders (including executive management and project team. Engage guidance from mentors as appropriate.
- Perform monitoring and controlling functions - monitors and acts upon project metrics, develops and manages the project plan, business case, resource plan, etc. Oversees project from beginning to end, includes all documentation and communication with stakeholders, inter-team coordination and/or multi-discipline or multi-business unit coordination
- Manages the project team by providing leadership and coordination of all engaged functional groups, including analysts, developers, testers, production support teams, business clients, etc.
- Manages project risks, issues and escalations by identifying and escalating to leadership for assistance in applying mitigation strategies to project plan to ensure overall project success.
- Lead and organize cross functional teams
- Input all necessary data for project tracking and planning
- Utilize appropriate project management tools, e.g., MS Project, Excel, etc.
- Manages process compliance and provides input to incremental process improvements with the use of lessons learned and other project process tools
- Knowledge and development of Microsoft Sharepoint
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related experience
5+ years related experience Preferred:
3+ years related experience Education Alternate Location:
US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-District of Columbia-Washington; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa Requisition # :
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses").- We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.- Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions. Category:
Network, Information Technology, IT Manager, Implementation Manager, Engineer, Technology, Engineering