Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) Primary Responsibilities
- Identifies correct knowledge documents and support materials to answer questions and troubleshoot issues
- Learns about technology and deployment and how they fit within business model/strategy
- Explain general navigation to customers; Translates technical terms to non- technical users to help in explaining navigation
- Respond to and resolves incidents affecting operations
- Perform physical build-out, installing computing devices.
- Oversee the activities of onsite vendors performing maintenance
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree or higher
- 3+ years of technical experience and troubleshooting with users
- 3+ years of Technology Support experience
- 4+ years of experience in a customer or technical service role
- Ability to work the following schedule: Monday - Friday 5:30am - 2:30pm eastern time (*note that the first 2 -3 months of training will have the schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm EST).
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) OR Associates Degree (or higher) with equivalent work experience
- Knowledge with CompTIA A+ AND/OR Network +
- Any technical certifications
- 5+ years of experience in PC support
- 5+ years of experience problem solving and analytically thinking
- Available for mandatory overtime during critical times
- Technical knowledge on workstation hardware and supported software
- Technical knowledge on local area networks (LANs), network operating systems, and industry standards and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status. Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: IT, Tech Support, Desktop Support, Network +, CompTIA A+, CompTIA, Technology Support, Software Support, Optum, UHG, UnitedHealth, Yonkers, NY, Hiring Immediately, #RPO