* Focal point for problem resolution and is the primary point of contact for problems (coordinates with CSTs for physical resolution, as required).
* Uses a central repository for technical advice and solutions for network systems, (CST/CFP drive, Tier 0, etc.), software applications assistance, automatic data processing support, hardware exchange, and repair service support.
* Assist with reporting network performance metrics using Remedy Action Reporting System.
* Utilize Remedy to enter, document, track, coordinate, route, resolve, and close user ticket issues.
* May be required to visit other locations to resolve minor hardware/software/network malfunctions.
* Coordinates with ESD, MSE, ASE, ESU, and MCCC to work all user issues.
* Works with HQ software license manager to prevent unlicensed software from being used on the network.
* Images/reimages/work-assist tech refresh for workstations (e.g., laptops, desktops, tablets, etc.), printer support, hand-held mobile devices, etc.
* Support HQ LYNC user capabilities.
* Assist in evaluation, testing, documenting, deploying new user-base technology.
* Be assigned as and function as an equipment custodian, as needed.
* Assist with local user training, perform initial fault assessment and resolution.
* Assist in working, coordinating, documenting, resolving, and closing trouble tickets when tasked and coordinate activities with Client Support Technicians (CSTs).
* Manages the AFNet Remedy queues located at and/or supporting the base/users.
* HQ level support will include those IAO duties as required by AFNet.
* Utilize Remedy Management System (RMS) or similar service, maintain historical database of reported problems, and associated events, provide the local AO with statistics of calls received, number of trouble tickets submitted, average resolution time, listing of technical bulletins and information guides issued, and trend analysis information.
* Tier 1 and 2 support includes support to NIPR/SIPR services.
* Working knowledge of Remedy.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
- Current CompTIA Security+CE certification
- Current Active secret security clearance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Department: Information Technology