The Sr. IT Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) Functional role serves as the primary IT liaison with Niagara business users; plans and coordinates the implementation and deployment of new software applications as well as the enhancement and maintenance of existing applications like Manhattan WMOS. The Sr. IT WMS Functional is primarily responsible for providing timely application support to business users and ensures that application issues are efficiently and effectively resolved. The Sr. IT WMS Functional is responsible for project plan development, project execution management, project status monitoring and reporting to project sponsors and steering committee. More specifically, the Sr. IT WMS Functional is responsible for gathering business and functional requirements, and for coordinating with application vendors and/or internal development (technical) teams to ensure that the solution design, build and testing approach satisfies/meets requirements. The ideal candidate is able to be a hands-on individual performer in addition to providing leadership to a functional team comprised of 2 – 4 Functional Analysts.
- Design, build, and implement functional and technical solutions which meet desired business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Lead and actively participate in all phases of system implementation including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, system design and development, testing and roll-out and support.
- Provide Functional & Testing experience in the areas of Supply Chain, Distributions, Manufacturing or Finance.
- Assesses project impact of system changes on users and internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Controls scope and requirement gathering and design sessions.
- Identify risks and benefits of alternate designs; calculates costs/benefits of potential actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Leads team in configuration and testing tasks - Regression testing experience on Applications Functional and Integration testing requirements.
- Utilize disciplined custom software development methodology or COTS package implementation process for continuous evolution and optimization of applications/business solutions.
- Responsible for issue, problem and change management functions to ensure application availability, uptime and service levels to business users.
- Ability to identify and address root cause of production problems, and a strong background in resolving application support issues.
- Ability to formulate and document requirements, design specifications, and test plans for extensions to Supply Chain, Distributions, Manufacturing or Finance applications which include, reports, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements.
- Develop, generate and deliver steering committee meeting presentations to communicate project status, seek guidance and drive decisions.
- Follow industry standards related to software development lifecycle (SDLC) and software quality assurance (SQA) practices and methodologies to ensure quality of project deliverables and technical solutions.
- Enforce and manage project deadlines and schedules.
- Commit to quality deliverables while ensuring technical solutions are on-scope, on-time and on-budget.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional, and engaging.
- Follow through with commitments and assume additional responsibilities without being asked
- Provide weekly status reports.
- Partner with internal, external and business partners to support the Niagara business application.
- Open and manage SR service request tickets with vendor level 3 support.
- Facilitate communication/relationship within Niagara business and IT.
- List if any travel is required using percentage of time:
- 25% - on average travels 1 week out of the month
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 6 Years – Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 6 Years – Experience in WMS Systems Analysis
- 6 Years – Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Manufacturing, Computer Science or Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Manufacturing, Computer Science or Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
Additionally, Sr. WMS Analyst is expected to demonstrate:
- Analyzing and developing solutions addressing customer needs
- Experience in Business Analysis
- Experience with Manhattan WMOS
- Overall high degree of professionalism
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills including facilitation and the ability to effectively interface and work with a wide variety of people. Must work independently.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Ability to translate complex business needs into use case models
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to provide detail documentation of a technology incident
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and analysis skills, planning and organizational proficiency and good business judgment
- Ability to delivery effective and professional presentation to peers, management and other professionals within our field