Synechron is seeking for Sr./Lead Hadoop Developer. This role is based in Charlotte, NC.
Synechron is one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology firms in the world. Specialized in financial services, the business’ focus on embracing the most cutting-edge innovations combined with expert knowledge and technical expertise has allowed Synechron to reach $650+ million in annual revenue, 10,000 employees and 20 offices worldwide. Synechron is agile enough to invest R&D into the latest technologies to help financial services firms stand at the cutting-edge of innovation; yet, also large enough to scale any global project. Learn more at: www.synechron.com
Synechron draws on over 15 years of financial services IT consulting experience to provide expert systems integration expertise and technical development work in highly-complex areas within financial services. This includes: Enterprise Architecture & Strategy, Application Development & Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure Management, Data & Analytics and Cloud Computing. Synechron is one of the world’s leading systems integrators for specialist technology solutions including: Murex, Calypso, Pega, and others and also provides traditional offshoring capabilities with off-shore development centers located in Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai as well as near-shoring capabilities for European banks with development centers in Serbia. Synechron’s technology team works with traditional technologies and platforms like Java, C++, Python, and others as well as the most cutting-edge technologies from blockchain to artificial intelligence. Learn more at: http://synechron.com/technology
- Sound understanding and experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera). Able to understand and explore the constantly evolving tools within Hadoop ecosystem and apply them appropriately to the relevant problems at hand.
- Experience in working with a Big Data implementation in production environment
- Must have experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kudu etc.
- Must have experience with Spark using scala/pyspark
- Sound knowledge of relational databases (SQL) and experience with large SQL based systems.
- Experience in query optimization, performance tuning of the complex SQL queries.
- Deep understanding of NLP algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques and software development in a team environment.
- Benchmark and debug critical issues with algorithms and software as they arise.
- Lead and assist with the technical design/architecture and implementation of the big data cluster in various environments.
- Able to guide/mentor development team for example to create custom common utilities/libraries that can be reused in multiple big data development efforts.
- Provide technical resources to assist in the design, testing and implementation of software code and infrastructure to support data infrastructure and governance activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams Practice and enforce Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related field, or equivalent education and related training
- Seven years of experience in data warehousing architectural approaches and minimum 3 years in big data (Cloudera)
- Exposure to and strong working knowledge of distributed systems
- .Excellent understanding of client-service models and customer orientation in service delivery
- Ability to grasp the 'big picture' for a solution by considering all potential options in impacted area
- Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies
- Assist in the evaluation of new solutions for integration into the Hadoop Roadmap/Strategy
- Motivate internal and external resources to deliver on project commitments
- The desire to learn new soft and technology skills and the desire to coach, mentor and train peers throughout the organization
- The ability to work with team mates in a collaborative manner to achieve a mission.-
- Presentation skills to prepare and present to large and small groups on technical and functional topic
- Previous experience in the financial services industry
- Understanding of industry trends and relevant application technologies
- Experience in designing and implementing analytical environments and business intelligence solutions
Synechron’s Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Diversity & Inclusion are fundamental to our culture, and Synechron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative ‘Same Difference’ is committed to fostering an inclusive culture – promoting equality, diversity and an environment that is respectful to all. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce helps build stronger, successful businesses as a global company. We empower our global workforce by offering flexible workplace arrangements, mentoring, internal mobility, learning and development programmes.
All employment decisions at Synechron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to the applicant’s gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.