Ampcus Inc is ISO 9001:2000, ISO 20000, ISO 27000, CMMi Level3 Company with global reach to offer broad range of consulting Services. From strategy to execution, our disciplined yet flexible approach starts and ends with our clients and consultants. By listening hard and working harder, their goals become our goals. Their success is our satisfaction.
One of our direct client is looking for a Sr./Lead Systems Engineer - Messaging
Duration : One Year
Location Street Address: 2733 Crystal Dr. City: Arlington, VA
Statement of Work:
This position is for a Senior System Engineer to support Messaging for high availability production systems support for IBM’s contract with USAID. Location is Arlington, VA. The candidate must be able to gather requirements and help architect, plan and implement system solutions for USAID’s Messaging platform to meet customer requirements. Experience with web servers, databases, networks, new installations, migrations, and security scanning tools is required. Off-shift coverage will be required for on-call support of systems and maintenance work in supported change windows. The ability to write shell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus. Candidate must have experience in development of implementation guides based on NIST 800-53 moderate and high impact baselines and also must have Federal customer experience.To be successful in this position, the candidate must also display excellent teamwork skills, written and oral communication skills, and formal documentation skills.
This position will lead the Messaging team for the USAID program. The duties of this position include managing and maintaining Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange, and ProofPoint on Windows based virtual/physical servers. Experience in engineering, operating and maintaining Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange, MaaS360, and ProofPoint on Windows based networks is required to support all e-mail communication systems for USAID. The position will include providing messaging administration support utilizing the ServiceNow ticketing and change management application. Duties also include providing support for spam, malicious emails, and IPLock settings, Support USAID in interfacing with current messaging archiving (Symantec E-vault) and administer server support for Exchange servers as needed.
The candidate will also work closely with network, application, and middleware teams to support Windows based product installations, customizations, and deployments. The candidate will provide Windows support including software updates and upgrades, backup and recovery, performance management and capacity planning for the Windows environment. Experience in technology upgrades (hardware and software) is required.
The work will be performed out of the client’s facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington DC. Opportunities for telework are available.
Required skills/Level of Experience:
Position requires 5+ years of experience with the following:
• Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMWare) required.
• Managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2
• Maintain current messaging systems to include maintenance of current messaging systems in Google Apps and GMAIL systems
• Manage and maintain USAID’s Microsoft enterprise services such as Active Directory, Windows Servers and additional messaging products (Good Messaging, Maas360, Mail Security Appliances - IronPort, ProofPoint, VMware Technologies and current Google Apps products)
• Managing and maintaining Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange, MaaS360, ProofPoint on Windows based virtual/physical servers.
• Recommend cost efficiencies where possible and adhere to chosen Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Support USAID in interfacing with current messaging archiving (Symantec E-vault)
• Building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers in multi-tenant enterprise environments
• Experience with Enterprise Backup software (NetBackup, BackupExec)
• Experience with large scale datacenter operations
Position requires 2 -3 years of experience with the following:
• Experience utilizing Powershell to automate common functions
• Experience with NTP Quota File Sentinel and Quota File Reporter
Experience migrating large infrastructures from physical to virtual environments
14900 Conference Center Drive, Suite 500 Chantilly, VA, 20151Contact