National Seating and Mobility (NSM) was founded in 1992 with a very simple mission: to design better wheelchairs. Today, National Seating & Mobility is North America’s most experienced provider of complex rehabilitation seating, mobility and positioning systems. The company has grown from five locations to a nationwide network of respected professionals and dedicated specialists across 43 states and 123 branches.
At NSM, we build one-of-a-kind mobility solutions designed to be comfortable, safe and work completely in sync with each client. Our focus is to deliver independence and self-reliance to clients, regardless of age or physical challenge; to offer reassurance to families and caregivers; and to provide flexible, highly professional clinical support to physicians and therapists.
As part of a development technology team, individual analyzes business requirements and problems and drives research to design quality technical solutions. This individual will be involved in portions of the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Handles complex problems independently and demonstrates analytical thinking. Is able to make judgements and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code.
• May lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
• May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
• Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
• Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
• Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
• Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
• Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
• Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
• Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant development or combination of education, training and experience.
• May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• C#, .Net, Angular, Azure, Web Forms
• Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS
• Bootstrap, Angular
• Healthcare Knowledge
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
•Client Focus: Make clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.